Archery Talk Forum banner

Moultrie game camera

520 14
Thinking about buying a Moultrie Digital Game Camera. Looking for any feedback on them. Good/Bad, which one to buy, tips. Thanks drenalinb.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
4,018 Posts
Moultrie Camera

I bought an I40 last year and have been very pleased with it. It is the only one I have so I can't compare it to others. Takes good quality pictures and has a quick trigger time. heh

· Registered
93 Posts
My I40 worked fine at first . The third time i took it out it would only take b/w pics and then locked up, had to send it back to cabelas.IMO I would buy a scoutguard for about the same price.

· Classifieds Administrator
39,607 Posts
I had their 35 mm versions in the past and they worked great. No complaints with Moultrie. They make a great camera and a great value.

· Registered
3,555 Posts
I recently bought a Cabela's branded Moultrie camera, has camo on the front and a 2'' viewing screen (the viewing screen is important to me). I like it. It takes good pics. and runs on D batteries.

· Registered
979 Posts
We have three of the $100 variety. 4.0 megapixel but can't remember the exact type right now. They were about $100 at Bass Pro of the Moultrie 4.0 megapixel and we love them with the SD cards.

the model is the D40. i use this model with great success. fast trigger speed and great quality pics, all for $100.

· Registered
1,922 Posts
I have had my I 40 for over a year and really like it.

Great camera. Long battery life. Great pictures...

A few weeks ago the cattle damaged it and it got water in it. I called Moultrie and they said they'd fix it for $25 so I sent it to them. They sent me a brand new I40 and also sent my check back.:)

· Registered
1,080 Posts
The I40 is a really good $200 camera. It looks like you're kinda new to AT. Go to the game camera sub forum and all your questions will be answered.Sorry, just noticed your join date. I only saw your number of post at first.

· Registered
465 Posts
I60

I have the I60 and the picture quality is outstanding. The only complaint I have is a lot of times during the day it takes black and white pictures when it should be color. I contacted Moultrie and they said it was because of the dense foilage in the woods this time of year (making it dark). They said it should take color pictures once the leaves start falling. I hope this holds true.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.