Archery Talk Forum banner

Moultrie I40

2081 Views 23 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Grizz859
I have a Moultrie I40 and when I take my sd card out and put it in my camera to see what pics the Moultrie took, the pics are tiny and says not compatible with jpeg.
My other I40 did not do this, the pics were fine.
Any Ideas what to do??
There is nothing in the book to help me out, and nothing to switch on the Moultrie camera.
Thanks
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
3,402 Posts
Is it possible to select the type of photos it takes...such as jpg, bitmap, etc...maybe it is set on something other than jpeg...just an idea since I don't have a Moultrie....

· Registered
787 Posts
I think it has something to do with the settings on your camera when you format the card. Mine did that too. I just reformated the card in my camera and then it was fine. I wish I could remember the settings that it was on. Sorry but good luck.

· Registered
3,402 Posts
Have you tried contacting Moultrie? I'm sure they have an answer for you. Try calling them. Also, I find most companies respond quickly to emails when phone contact isn't possible.

· Registered
3,584 Posts
Moultrie settings

If anything, try setting the camera back to default or factory settings. In my D-40, I just pop a blank SD 1 gig card in the camera and it's good to go. I take pictures, then pop the card into my little Pentax digital camera and view them right there in the woods. This way I know what is being photographed, if I should leave the camera or re-position it.

· Registered
4 Posts
Game Camera

I had a problem a few weeks back. My buddy (dave) let me borrow his Moultrie and we put it out on a fence line and went back a week later. When we checked the card it showed no deer. I think his camera is broke, cause there should have been some deer on it. I don't know how to tell him? (maybe he'll ready this)

Balky

· Registered
2,979 Posts
Here's an idea

Here is an idea to check if the camera is working, set it up and walk in front of it. This will help test trigger speed, sensor strength, etc. If it doesn't take pics of you walking past, it is definitely broken.

Meat

· Super Moderator
20,486 Posts
I wouldn't use a micro SD card. Sometimes when you use the adapter they don't work right. If I were you, I'd purchase a couple regular SDHC cards and use those.

· Registered
2,675 Posts
I use Sandisk 2GB sd card. I purchased 2 of them that way when I go to check my camera I can just swap them out and leave the camera there. Works great!

· Registered
1,296 Posts
Put the card in your PC.

Right click on it in my computer, then click "format" and be sure it says "fat32". Then let it do the formatting and try again.

There are no options on the i40 to choose what type of file to save it as. It is always .jpg unless you are doing movies, then that will be .avi, again.. no choice to change that.

Speaking of that. are you sure you didn't put it in movie mode?

· Super Moderator
20,486 Posts

· Registered
379 Posts
your old camera may of not had the updated software. i had cameras up last year and could see everything fine on my cam. i then did the updates on these cameras from their website and now they show up super small. call moultrie and they said that the software is not compatible with my camera. so, i'm guessing the update is why mine no longer can be read by my camera. you can run through your options on your trail cam to see if the updates are the same.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.