Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about picking up a couple of these little cams. I hear good things. On a few of the big online auction sites I am seeing both the 80 and the 80X. Whats the difference? Anyone know??

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
I'm not sure what the difference is, but I like my m-80

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
m-80 is black, m-80x is camo. thats the only differences i know for sure. there may or may not be firmware or ? other differences.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys.

WT, do you mean that the X is a tan color? I did notice that. Not camo like the M-100 though. The weird thing is that I cant find anything on the Moultrie site about an "X" version of the 80.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was looking at Ebay the other day and have been wondering the same thing. Funny you there is no mention of an X version or even a tan version on Moultrie site.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
M-80 black.... is a great camera so far.... great color clear daytime pics...... well lit nighttime IR pics and video

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I HEARD (heard) being the key word that the x was camo and no other difference except they were made for specific dealers.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Those cameras have been working great for me "so far" I just hope they keep working well and I don't have to send them back every year like my I40s "thats a love hate relationship as well!!"

The 80s do take fantastic pics thou!

·
Registered
495 Posts
I got the M-100 and am very impressed with it compared to my other cameras...went from getting 20-30 pics a week to getting 4-500/week, in the same location. Very nice little cameras!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just purchased a M-80 and its out in my woods right now. Was wondering if that red infrared glo was going to spook deer like a flash. Do any of ya'll with this camera notice that the deer are spooked in your nightime photos?

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
m-80 has been a great camera for me so far i have 6 of them in the woods right now plus a cuddyback which i will never owen one again till they can justify the price for features the only prob i had was one got struck by lighting and the flash wont spook them normally its the shutter noise that some cameras make when the flash goes off that spooks a deer.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all! I'm convinced that the cameras are great, but this is the question..............

I'm trying to find out if anyone knows the difference between the M-80 and the M-80X

·
may the x-Force be with u
1,177 Posts
Thank you all! I'm convinced that the cameras are great, but this is the question..............

I'm trying to find out if anyone knows the difference between the M-80 and the M-80X
The only difference is the color.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Great little camera, had a few problems with mine when I first got it but working great now. Plan on buying another one here very shortly. I have also heard is the only difference in the cameras is color, and the X is for dealers only.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts