Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i seen the moultrie cam at walmart the other night and got to thinking how it would work so i figured id ask u guys. 1. Does it work as in does it take the pics of the deer soon enough? 2. What do you guys think of it as far as a good first trail camera?

Thanks Matt

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump want some more replys please

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
i have 3 1.3s and have had no problems. they work fine over bait.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
If its the digital 2.1 game cam save your money all i keep getting is a lot of blurry pics ... IMO their are alot better cams out thier than the moultries..

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Ya know, I hate posts that go on and on about another product that the original poster didn't ask about, but I can't resist.

I have some Moultries. I've never been impressed with anything they've done for me. Toss them right in the heap with Bushnells, and a few others. (Admittedly, these are last years models. I haven't tested or played with this year's and quite frankly have no intention to).

I've Cuddebacks, Leaf Rivers as well.

In my opinion, the best "under $100.00" cam this year is the Wildview 2. I'd pit that up against my Cuddebacks any day of the week as far distance, heat sensitivity & picture clairity. I've come to depend on these low-cost suckers more than any other cams I've got placed right now, and believe me, I've got a few.

Battery life: roughly 400-500 pics. That includes 20-30% being a flash pic.

Very good distance (I'd bet my bow my Cudde's wouldn't have even captured these pics due to the distance):

Exceptional clarity:

Again, under 1 bill. Be careful not to get the Wildview II (with Roman numerals), still a good cam, but it's predecessor (Wildview 2) has an increased flash distance of 40" (compared to a miserable 15' on the II's) & comes with a 128 MB SD card.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I have 2.1 and 3.1 the picture quality is great on mine.
Moultries have a double trigger so you don't have to worry with twitching twigs and grass. Very few false triggers. You don't have to use bait you can use deer dander or scent. Might tell you if your scent are good or really bad. One nice point is the moultrie takes only 1-6v battery others take 4-1.5v. My lantern gets a 6v rechargeable bat too. At risk of losing the cam to thieves its more than adequate and a very good deal. Maybe you get what you pay for, so do thieves.JMHO
I agree with everyone a $100.00 cam is nothing to compare to a $400.00 cam. I've got 4# $100.00 cams so I get over 300 pics a week. While I cant boast my pics are as good as the best. I get a good picture. I've found that I prefer all my game cams to be the same make or even model. That way if one gets a bug I can compare to the others. Then I can explain to CS the problem and my other cams don't do that! I would rather have 4 Mou 100-2.1 than 2-100s and 1-200. If you have multiple cams you can set two up on the same trail and compare activity. Last but not least. The performance of a game cam is largely dependent on the skill and experience of the handler. That is to say someone that really knows what they are doing will get better stuff than a beginner.

Good luck
KO_32

·
Registered
50 Posts
Black moultrie Game Watcher 2.1 is a good deal, it is the 06 model most bugs have been addressed.

Another cool one in the rain.

·
Registered
322 Posts
my brother has one and he has nothing but problems with it i on the other hand have an old stealth cam and it has taken way more pics and better quality.he has problems with the battery connections and the camera itself.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks boys. im kinda on a low budget (under $100) and all i really want is a camera that can take pics of deer and let me know that deer are there. the place is literally 50 yards from my house and about 150 yards back in the woods. i have a beat down trail i want to set it on. like i sed all i want it to do is show me that deer are there.

Thanks Matt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts