Archery Talk Forum banner

Mountain Lion Stalking a Buck in Central Illinois

4164 46
You are not going to believe this. My buddy snapped this photo with his night lense along the Illinois River in Chandlerville,Illinois about Midnight. I have never seen a mountain lion in Illinois. Sorry about the photo quality, I had to scan it from a copy. Anybody else ever seen anything like this in Illinois?

http://www.bigfacts.com/Puma1.jpg

Click the link. I have had to host the photo on my site due to size.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Banned
1,021 Posts
Eventbroker, That pic has been on this web site for months now. You say that your"buddy" took it 5 nights ago.... I highly doubt that! I belive he's pulling your leg. Also, if you look at the photo carefully you'll notice that the deer in the pic is actually a blaktail deer.......Now do you have blacktail in Illinois???? I dont think that you do :rolleyes:

· Registered
392 Posts
Like the others have said it has been around for months if you dont believe us then do a search.

I have seen the exact same pic but with a Elk instead of the deer.
The photo is a fake and your buddy has got you hook line and sinker.

· Registered
1,100 Posts
And I didn't know that a cougar would stop following a deer that would soon be dinner to look at a pretty light. Also I didn't know that blacktails live in IL, maybe it's a deformed whitetail. :D. And the deer seems to be walking yet it is still in the same position on both pics. :D

· Registered
259 Posts
your all wrong

I took this picture last night in New Jersey! My back yard holds an abundance of Blacktail and Mountain Lion. It really is a sight to behold, they always play games and frolick with each other. I snapped the above posted picture while they were playin follow the leader. :D :D ;)

· Registered
332 Posts
archeryantny said:
I took this picture last night in New Jersey! My back yard holds an abundance of Blacktail and Mountain Lion. It really is a sight to behold, they always play games and frolick with each other. I snapped the above posted picture while they were playin follow the leader. :D :D ;)
Hahaha! Now that is funny! :D

· Registered
4,266 Posts
Notice that he hasnt posted since he has been proven wrong....:)

If he thinks it is real then he should try doing a search on here and see the 100+ times that it was posted on this forum!!!

Also,,, Notice that the so-called "buck" doesn't have any antlers. Its a doe, not a buck.

· Registered
759 Posts
Cougars are good but not that good.This deer would have to be:

A-stupid

B-deaf and stupid

I don`t think a cougar would get that close without the deer knowing and why in the hell would he turn away from an easy meal and pose for the camera?

seen this photo many times...............PHOTOSHOP.

· Registered
259 Posts
cool pict but....

This has probably been discussed already but I dont think its photoshopped. I think its a fake deer set up to record a mt. lion attack. Good concept, but appaprently a little played out.

Cool picture but its pretty gay that someone is trying to pass it off as his own. Happy New Year!!!

· Registered
Bowtech baby!!
5,704 Posts
eventbroker said:
You are not going to believe this. My buddy snapped this photo with his night lense along the .
your buddy is, to put it nicely, is yanking your chain.....LOL

old photoshop

archeryantny said:
This has probably been discussed already but I dont think its photoshopped. I think its a fake deer set up to record a mt. lion attack. Good concept, but appaprently a little played out.

Cool picture but its pretty gay that someone is trying to pass it off as his own. Happy New Year!!!

Its fake! The guy who took it said he overlaid a series of cam pics to get that and the other three photos! Good job, had the net buzzin' a few months ago.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.