Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend went out to the ranch to set up blinds and feeders for the October 1st opener and to my dismay I found three sheep carcasses about thirty yards from my camp. The hair or fur of these animals was tore up something fierce and bones/skull were skattered. I have been told that there are bobcats and mountain lions in the area and no coyotes. As big as sheep are does this sound like the work of mountain lions? Makes you kind of wonder when you are walking to your stand in the dark. I think I'll be "packing" to the blind because I don't want to take on a 100 lb cat with a broadhead in the dark :mg:

TEXAS

·
DefiantShooter
10,943 Posts
Mtn Lions!

Usually a Mtn lion will bury/cover the kills........Spread out usually means yote's!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I agree with Ike, but I would not rule out stray/ wild dogs. My nieghbor lost 12 goats after he penned them up because they were going to kidd within a week. We found 3 stray dogs doing the killing, then they hit my daughters chickens. Well, one soon died from lead poisoning so he doesn't cause anymore problems. None of the dogs went over 40 lbs, but they did some damage.
Also, like Ike said 'yotes are bad, just cause you don't see/ hear them does not mean they are not there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts