Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there trying to pass a law that its legal to shoot a mountain lion in missouri as long as its turned over to the conservation within 24 hours. im am for this others may not agree but its unlikely that they have been in any close contact with one in the wilderness (itll make you about $h!t yourself i promise) nor have the witnessed livestock being injured or kill due to these cats. but like i said everyone has there opinion i just thought this was some interesting news and thought i would share

·
I Got Serious!
3,361 Posts
Sounds good to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the guy who is trying to get it passed is under the gun from the dreaded animal lovers telling him that they dont cause any harm what-so-ever and they never harm people or livestock. And yes thats what they really said. i wish people would figure out what they are talking about before spreading their ignorance over the internet

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
if it comes at me or even looks at me its dead and im crapping myself. now if it passes and doesnt see me im good. hope it eats the neigbors dogs first.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i completely agree. i am by no means sayin to go out and kill something just because you dislike it. but when it has the potential to cause danger to me or a loved one it gets to be a different situation real fast. i have a wife tha i adore more than anything that loves to deer hunt and it makes me quite nervous knowing that there have been several sighted on our property two of them by me. if this passes there will be some extermination going on i would rest alot easier knowing they arent going to harm my family or livestock

·
Registered
254 Posts
the sheep farmer up the road lost 3 60# lambs last year to big cat. jumped 42'' fence with them. They kill calfs and lamb all the time around mid mo..

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Kill them all!! We now have them in the upper peninsula competing with wolves to eat every deer that were sparse in the first place. A conspiracy by all the tree huggers in the US fisheries and Wildlife service to end hunting.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im glad most people agree with me

·
Vendor
3,953 Posts
I have a trail cam pic of one in West/Central KY. It is crazy that they are in KY now! No one believes me until I show them the Pic. I am sure they are having venison dinner quiet often.

·
<---Ride the Lightning
2,031 Posts
the guy who is trying to get it passed is under the gun from the dreaded animal lovers telling him that they dont cause any harm what-so-ever and they never harm people or livestock. And yes thats what they really said. i wish people would figure out what they are talking about before spreading their ignorance over the internet
I guess they have never seen the shows about mt. lions killing and eating joggers and mt. bikers in CA.....

·
Registered
679 Posts
Here in Conn, there has been hundreds of sightings over the years and the DEP keeps telling us that it was a bobcat or a coyote, I suppose everyone that has seen one is stupid. Last fall there was one hit by a car and the DEP concluded that it came all the way from Wisconsin, yeah right this stupid cat would leave a state that has more deer than Conn, give me a break. I believe that the DEP brought them in years ago to keep the rising deer population in check. Well let me tell you, if I ever see one while I'm out hunting it's toast.

·
Registered
723 Posts
i dont know about you guys but i dont like going to and from my treestand in the dark when i know they are out there.not that im scared but sometimes makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. maybe i am scared i think i will sleep in today. lol

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Wanna know what I think?

Living with Mountain Lions seperates the men,from the boys.
its one thing to live where they live, its another when they start to move to where you live. i would understand and learn to adapt to be in there part of the woods. at least i would know for sure what im up against. i am totally against killing or harming a beautiful animal like this, but i wouldnt think twice if i thought it was a danger to me or anyone else. not trying to be a a hole or anything of that nature. i was explaining that i do respect wildlife and the outdoorsman rules. and wouldnt take action unless i was put in a situation. hope you understand.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts