Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there still shooting a Mountaineer Bow? I still break out my old 3D sometimes for indoor spots. Not the fastest on the range, but hard to beat the smoothness of a 80% let-off wheel bow.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I shot one for a while. Nice old bow. Draw length was too long for me. Shot smooth though.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I don't shoot mine anymore but I still have it hanging in my collection of old bows. I think it was a Ranger if I'm not mistaken...It was my first compound:)

·
Registered
552 Posts
mountaineer

YEP-still have -2 - bows - 2020 risers ,also a couple sets of limbs ,never been on a bow -if you know anyone interested-let me know .:)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Yep

I still have one I bought new. It has the hatchet cams is smooth and still pretty fast. The draw force curve in Bowhunting World's Norb Mullaney test showed just how smooth that cam was designed to draw. Chuck Nease did a great job designing bows. 80% let-off was a great breakthrough, replaceable limb rockers, spit yoke cables. Lots of innovation from that company. I really doubt those bows give up much compared to todays bows, especially at known distance shooting. I shoot such low poundage that vibration and noise isn't much different.

·
Strive for perfection....
9,269 Posts
I still have one I bought new. It has the hatchet cams is smooth and still pretty fast. The draw force curve in Bowhunting World's Norb Mullaney test showed just how smooth that cam was designed to draw. Chuck Nease did a great job designing bows. 80% let-off was a great breakthrough, replaceable limb rockers, spit yoke cables. Lots of innovation from that company. I really doubt those bows give up much compared to todays bows, especially at known distance shooting. I shoot such low poundage that vibration and noise isn't much different.
Yes, Mountaineer/CSS made some great stuff! I shot a Mountaineer for years and loved it until I shot Chuck's CSS Contender!! Chucks New stuff is pretty great as well, He shoots awsome with his short ATA Horton Vertical bow (Just don't tell him I said so....).

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
the Bow that Chuck has been shooting this year i believe is the Vista. for a 34" ATA bow he has been putting up great scores compared to what guys normally shoot for ATA length.

later
jkeiffer

·
Registered
18,327 Posts
Chuck shooting a short ata bow?? He must be getting old. I thought Chuck would be shooting the System OS3 with that 41" ata.:mg: Great guy great bows nevertheless!!

·
Registered
10,554 Posts
I remember when they firs came out one of the first if not 80% let off bows. Hunting friend shot one for years really liked it.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Chuck shooting a short ata bow?? He must be getting old. I thought Chuck would be shooting the System OS3 with that 41" ata.:mg: Great guy great bows nevertheless!![/QUOTE

you know that he has plenty of them laying around, and I think he is still playing around with a few ideas for the shorter and longer stuff.

have to wait and see how it pans out.

later
jkeiffer

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yup. Still got one, still shoots like a dream. It goes hunting every year!

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
I have 90% of a Mountain Man if anyone needs parts. The riser limbs and cams are in GREAT shape. Mine was FAST! I just needed a string and cable!

·
Registered
1 Posts
swampmaster 32 ata

I have a swampmaster with the OS3 set up on it .. great little bow, but if someone is interested, I might part with it...:wink:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts