Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a question for Olympic recurve shooters out there:

What are you opinions on mounting a free flyte elite arrowrest directly to the riser?

I have the rest and a hoyt matrix riser and was just wondering who out there has the 'balls' to take a drill and tap to their beautiful $400 riser. If you have done this, what are some tips and what was your reason for doing so. If you havent, what kept you from doing it.

Thanks in advance,

MatrixMan

·
Registered
238 Posts
Ouch

I for one am way too chicken. especially as I understand the Hoyt warranty that voids it completely.

My son and I both have Aerotec risers with Free Flyte Elite rests. with the second "plunger" hole and the mounting bolt that comes with it. there is no reason to drill and tap the riser.

My recomendation is don't do it. purchasing a "long" shaft plunger is ultimately less expensive.

Gary

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Coach1, thanks...since it voids the warranty and I already have a long shaft plunger and it has been working fine for the past year, I will stay with it.

recurve boy- it wouldnt be cheapest to use the stick on because I already have the rest, getting a stick on would cost a few more bucks =)

Thanks,

MatrixMan

·
Archery Coach
23,291 Posts
Dick Tone can drill it for you but I have never saw a need to. On bows with two plunger holes the button and another bolt are rock solid-my first sky (bought in 1997) has had the same cavalier rest since day one-hasn't ever moved.

For one hole riser bows-Yamaha superfeel or the old Gold Medalists-the stick on Japanese ARE rests are the way to go, though the spigarelli rap around fits well on the GM (it is designed to fit over the small protrusion on the opposite side of the arrow shelf and thus creates a very stable fit even with only one point of attachment

1 - 6 of 6 Posts