Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Team Overkill
6,628 Posts
Except they are selling $35 per 2 pack. Who the hell buys only two broadheads?

·
Team Overkill
6,628 Posts

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
When is everyone going to realize that launching a shovel off your bow isn't the best idea? I'm sure they will be a big hit, especially with the wal mart crowd, but enough is enough with these giant blades. It's starting to look like Tim Burton is designing broadheads.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Why would I choose these over a 125gr GraveDigger? The GraveDigger has a steel ferrule and a cutting diameter that is much more likely to pass through.

·
Team Overkill
6,628 Posts
Grave digger doesn’t inflict the trauma that the Rage Hybrid does. I can tell you from experience that our group have made and have killed with the Hybrids since 2012 and there has been no broadhead to devastate like this one. The ferrule looks like an aluminum version of their original Titanium which is my preferred. I will undoubtedly be shooting this broadhead although I am not a fan of the two packs.

·
Registered
11,666 Posts
I have killed a few deer with grave digger Broadheads and they have never impressed me with there blood trails .after building the rage digger back in 2012 and killing with it several times I have been blown away by the massive and short blood trails.not once did the arrow fail to completely pass through and no deer ever made it out of sight .i have killed with so many different Broadheads and nothing has left massive blood trails consistently like the rage digger so I believe the new rage 4 blade extreme will be in a league of its own .back when I built the first rage digger 3 titanium would cost you $89.99 then I would have to buy the leading blade and then rage extreme blade .then I would have to machine them to fit and spin true .very expensive but well worth it .here about the only pic I have left of a rage digger kill.i will buy at least a dozen of the new rage extreme 4 blade heads .rage digger carnage at 1/4 the price

Attachments

·
Team Overkill
6,628 Posts
IMG_0420.jpg

I have to agree Onepin. I spent a lot of money on titaniums and then had to dremel o'ring grooves to make these things come to life. You actually had to spend a bundle on a special drill bit so that we could make a proper sized hole for the lead blade to be securely screwed in with the original Rage hardware. In comparison, this is much cheaper than how we were doing it.

·
Registered
8,967 Posts

·
Team Overkill
6,628 Posts
There has been no issues with penetration with the Hybrids or Extremes for that matter.

The Chisel Extreme (I made these before Rage produced them)
shoulder blade side 2.jpg

1st Rage Digger (Hybrid) victim
R1 Entry.jpg

An old pic of some of the original ones we made (See the O'rings)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367878840.090276.jpg

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
When is everyone going to realize that launching a shovel off your bow isn't the best idea? I'm sure they will be a big hit, especially with the wal mart crowd, but enough is enough with these giant blades. It's starting to look like Tim Burton is designing broadheads.
Agree, I’m holding out for a 4” wide cut.

·
Registered
11,666 Posts
I’m going to put together a few more rage diggers and try and get a late season kill with one .cant wait for the new rage 4 blades to hit the store shelves.in the mean time I’m going to enjoy the red carpet treatment with some rage diggers

·
Registered
11,666 Posts
Pretty much me and Noah had the same results with both heads

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts