Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Trollinus Maximus.
79,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the Centurion is AWESOME, and yes, I have an HHA and sold another one that I had, the Centurion beats it by a long shot ,,, IMHO of course

· Registered
16,391 Posts
Hey Juan, dumb question. Why isn't the pin centered in the housing...:noidea:

· Trollinus Maximus.
79,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
maybe cause its a special,,,:wink:
they had the ones with the small Guard made first, seems mine was the first one with the large guard. the pin its adjustable, I am hoping they do make the large guard with the pin centered and coming from the bottom or better yet, at 45* from the side.

· Registered
6,702 Posts
I actually ordered my Centurion with 1 large housing and 1 small housing (1.5" & 2.25" I think). I actually like the larger housing better but it's not available with an "up pin". I can also see the level much better in the larger "side pin" housing. In the small up-pin housing the level kind-of blacks out. Not completely, it's just harder to see. But I absolutley love the sight. Gettin ready to order another one now!

Dawg

· Trollinus Maximus.
79,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the way the large guard is made, you can add pins to it & have a multi pin slidder sight, like SH's:darkbeer:

· Registered
5,465 Posts
Now if it had wrapped fiber and got rid of the light. Then throw out the plastic case that I will never use, that will cut the price down $20.00, now lower the price another $40.00 so it is around $100 to $110 they would have the best sight made for the money.

· Registered
1,598 Posts
I looked at it yesterday at my local shop. Sweet sight!!

The bolts/nuts that HHA uses to allow the housing to slide up and down is a little dated IMO. If you get them too lose they are loud, too tight and they are hard to move. The new sword sight is a far superior method for sliding the housing up and down. Super smooth.

Now if I could get a Sword with the wheel like my dsxl5519 and preconfigured yardage tapes....that would be the ticket!

· Registered
19,079 Posts
Looks like a nice slider! What does it weight!! Cool that the pin is adjutsbale in the track. Adding another pin you could have a 2, 3 pin slider sight if you desired. Like others thou I still favor an up pin for a single pin slider.

· Trollinus Maximus.
79,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now if it had wrapped fiber and got rid of the light. Then throw out the plastic case that I will never use, that will cut the price down $20.00, now lower the price another $40.00 so it is around $100 to $110 they would have the best sight made for the money.
you are already getting more for your money, yeah, the palstic case is not needed IMHO.

Looks like you need a wrench to adjust right and left. What is better about this sight over the HHA?

what he vvvvvvvvv said.(look below)
I looked at it yesterday at my local shop. Sweet sight!!

The bolts/nuts that HHA uses to allow the housing to slide up and down is a little dated IMO. If you get them too lose they are loud, too tight and they are hard to move. The new sword sight is a far superior method for sliding the housing up and down. Super smooth.

Now if I could get a Sword with the wheel like my dsxl5519 and preconfigured yardage tapes....that would be the ticket!

· Trollinus Maximus.
79,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks like a nice slider! What does it weight!! Cool that the pin is adjutsbale in the track. Adding another pin you could have a 2, 3 pin slider sight if you desired.
not much and its built like a tank, I will be getting a SH as well to compare.

yes, you can add a few pins is you wanted.

· Registered
1,598 Posts
Looks like a nice slider! What does it weight!! Cool that the pin is adjutsbale in the track. Adding another pin you could have a 2, 3 pin slider sight if you desired. Like others thou I still favor an up pin for a single pin slider.
Keep in mind his is a bit of a custom job....here is what the factory shipped one looks like

Attachments

· 300 or bust
13,148 Posts
now Juan

how are you illegals getting these?

· Registered
19,079 Posts
What does that factory model weigh??
Keep in mind his is a bit of a custom job....here is what the factory shipped one looks like

· 300 or bust
13,148 Posts
NICE,

see if you can snag me a Titan, for my spot bow, it wont help me shoot any better but ill look like i should know what im doing.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.