Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m going to move my arrow up on my Fanatic. I think it will help calm down pin float. I have mostly up and down pin float. I’ve just started working and learning how to tweek and tune my bow a little. I know it’s going to throw my timing off from what it is now. I’m guessing it will make my top cam hit first? Should I add twist to the top cable to fix the top cam? I guess you can have different lengths of string to cam on each end of the D loop and still make each cam rotate exactly the same distance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Lowered expectations
17,102 Posts
That will do absolutely nothing to help pin float.

You need to practise, maybe mess around with stabilizers, possibly play with your draw length.

·
Back Yard Champion
29,764 Posts
Unless the bow manufacturer states such, forget it. Rule of thumb for arrow to the berger hole; Center of arrow shaft no lower than bottom of the berger hole and no higher than the top of the berger hole.

New to archery, being over bowed, pulling too hard into the wall and draw length are major factors when it comes to pin float.......

·
Registered
8,600 Posts
Form issues aside, better to work on stabilizer balance than to put the nocking point way out of wack; IIRC playing with rear stab weight can help with vertical pin float. Because the Fanatic cams are mirrors of each other, moving the nocking point way out of normal spec will introduce nock travel at launch and will be nearly impossible to tune good flight for.

If you were consistently holding low of the target, one possible fix might be to raise the nocking point and rest a bit to change the leverage of your grip, but if it's a float issue moving the arrow up will only move that whole float issue up, maybe even make it worse as you've lost the natural balance between the nocking point/string and the grip. .

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Before I had new strings and cables put on it, I had really nice pin float. I took some measurements before new stings and the nock point was a little higher before. They put new nocking point lower. The only other thing that is different is I’m shooting a hinge now instead of thumb button. I think I will try messing around with my back bar to see if it changes anything. Shooting pretty good at the moment but I have another Fanatic that I’m going to set up so I thought I would change up a few things to see if I could make improvements.

·
Registered
Pse Mach 1
4,496 Posts
Hey Steve I was having the same issue I did move my mocking point only because the vanes were hitting my finger lol but it did change a thing for me what did was adding more heel pressure and staying solid in the wall. Give that a try and see how it works first

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I have what they call a high wrist grip. I tend to miss a touch low. I’m going to work on giving it even pressure ( high and low) see what happens. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I have found a solution for hanging low on the shot. Went 1/8" shorter on DL and really worked my weights around. I use to run a pretty heavy weight set up with 7 ounces up front and 15-18 on back. Now I'm 3 up front and 12 in back. Rods are 27 and 12. Bow holds better than ever.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
That will do absolutely nothing to help pin float.

You need to practise, maybe mess around with stabilizers, possibly play with your draw length.
Absolutely agree. If your pin is consistently floating high add front stab weight. If floating low do the opposite.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Tim gillingham suggested to do this when I spoke to him at redding and couple years ago. I tried it on my Fanatic, It made pin float WORSE for me.

If you are having float issuses play with you Stab. weights.

IF the pin is holding and bouncing out of the bottom of the dot AND you cant fix it with stab weights, then you can try moving the nock point. but move it little by little. Its a PITA to move it little by little but one big move changes a lot.

I finally settled on the arrow running through the middle of the Berger holes. This made the bow hold best for me.

·
Registered
18,420 Posts
I played with loop position on a new bow last summer, adjusting the location absolutely changed hold, can’t say I was stuck high or low on target but the bow held much better!

I kept the arrow well within the Berger hole, it doesn’t take much to change leverage!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts