Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am moving to Arizona in a few weeks and wanted to get the advice from anyone about best areas for Mule Deer and Elk.

Any info would be great.

·
I am the Tin Man!
2,982 Posts
You can get multiple tags for elk if you do your homework and put in for some of the less sought-after hunts. And if you arent too proud to take a cow once in a while. I have had 3 tags in the last 6 years. Still havent even gotten a shot at a critter though. Are you going to be moving to the Phoenix area? If so there are many areas for deer within about an hour of the city in any direction. Over the county archery, limit one deer per calendar year. Also dont overlook the javelina hunting, that is fun.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll be living in the Phoenix area. Thanks for the help. I'll be sure to check out some spots when I get out there.

·
Registered
511 Posts
If you are looking for some monster mule deer the north rim is the place, it is a REALLY tough draw though even for the residents. For elk the place to go is around Flagstaff and Payson, I have shot 2 bulls there the first was a 345 class and the second was a massive 388 1/8. Good luck down there.:beer:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts