Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to know if anyone can tell me If there are active archery going's on's...We ( our family ) enjoy 3-D, indoor spot
leagues, and field archery,, we like shooting all forms of archery, there are 6 of us in our family age ranges from 5,7,9,14 and parents also shoot.....p.s. our lil-ones are considered top pee-wee shooters in the United States, by Magnocks... please if anyone can offer any archery events within this area let us know!
Or an Archery Club we can get involved with...looking to be there within about 2 months.........thanks!
runawaysXs

·
Registered
332 Posts
You will be smach dab in the middle of several ranges with the rest of us Hill Billies,
Welcome, Miller's Outdoors is a large distributor located in Piney Flats,lots of info to be had.
Just be sure to unpack you archery first and worry about all the chores later,Good Luck

·
Registered
309 Posts
I live in Kingsport and shoot the Bristol area on a regular basis. There are at least two different 3d shoots going on locally every weekend. During the winter there is an indoor 3d range that shoots a couple nights a week, and also two indoor dot ranges during the winter, within 45 minutes of Bristol. You can go to shootarchery.com, a local website that has the 3d schedule and results for the area. The guy that runs this site is from Bristol. There is alot of top shooters in the area, and we have good turnouts at the shoots. Looking forward to having you in the area.

Later,
Scott Johnson

·
Registered
933 Posts
I just got back from Kingsport and was in Bristol a week ago.
Lots of shooters from that area shooting the circuits on www.shootarchery.com
I'm shooting Smyth Co. and Shady Lane this weekend with Anthony Brickey, another local shooter.
Pretty active archery area there. Be sure to come shoot indoor with us at Bear creek (Norton Va.) when the weather cools down! They usually serve a good meal at the 30 arrow break, and have a nice, family atmosphere.

·
ShootArchery.com
818 Posts
runawaysXs:

Your moving to the right place if your looking for archery action....

As mentioned in the previous posts... there are plenty of archery opportunities in the Mountain Empire and Tri - Cities area...... and Bristol is right square in the middle of it... For starters, there are 2 Circuits, both holding 2 day shoots nearly every weekend from Feb. to Sept., allowing serious archers to shoot one circuit on Saturday and the other on Sunday... plus there are several other clubs and ranges just a short driving distance away...

Also, you will have only a short drive when it comes time to shoot the ASA event in Oakridge TN. and then again when the ASA circuit comes to Roanoke VA.

A lot of our ranges schedule their shoots around the closer ASA events with one range holding a 30 target Rinehart shoot the preceding weekend of every ASA event on the calendar... so folks can get some good practice on the Rinehart’s before traveling to an ASA shoot...

Also... you will not be far from a lot of the bigger IBO shoots....... a lot of McKenzie's abound in these hills to practice on... One range holds a Virginia State IBO qualifier...another will have a Tn ASA qualifer.......

Dots are a big pass time in the winter months, especially after hunting season....

Come on down, join in the fray... a lot of good shooters and a lot of good ranges... You’ll be in good company... our region is WELL represented in all classes at IBO and ASA shoots... we are home to a lot of the top shooters in the various classes, from the Pro class right on down to the cub and eagle classes... and we must not forget that several top Va and Tn State indoor shooters and State Champions come from this region as well...

Check my website for more information.. we put all the schedules and results up from 15 ranges... and we will be adding more as time goes on...

Be sure to check our site

let me know if we can be of any help... just email me at [email protected]

·
ShootArchery.com
818 Posts
added another

www.ShootArchery.com has just added another range..

We now post the results and scores from 16 ranges since we have now just added Grey Ghost located in Rogersville TN.

Plenty of "Archery goings on" around here... and ShootArchery.com will help keep you up to date with it all.... all located on one easy web-site....

Let us know when you hit town!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts