Archery Talk Forum banner

Moving To Carbon

940 views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  mlw 
#1 ·
Currently I am shooting Easton Legacy 2016's out of my 50lb. longbow. What carbon arrow would you recommend (size and manufactuer)

#3 ·
Same here.
I shoot a 65@28 long bow but my short draw length makes it more lkike a 55# bow.
I shoot the GT Traditional 5575 at 29", 5" shield cuts on 7" reflective wraps, and 125g tip. However I also installed 100g brass inserts.
Darts man darts!

You may want to try the GT 3555s as well with a 50# bow.

#5 ·
i also would say the 3555 gold tips would be the ideal weight for your 50 lb longbow. i shoot a a 45 lb longbow or did and the 3555's shot greast and a friend of mine shot the same arrows and he was smoking them down range
what you got planned for the 2016's inthe legacy arrows
rob k

#8 ·
Yesterday I bought some Easton Epics, I'm not sure how far up the Carbon food chain they are but do they howl compared to the gamegetters I was using. I'm shooting 46# and got the 500's with 100 grain target points and man I am impressed.

#10 ·
guys i just recently found a great heavy arrow that shoot unbelievable, they have been around for a while, but recently the prices have dropped on them a little. i personaly will never shoot anotehr GT....after 2 5575's spined @ 110lbs!!...I'm talking about teh beman black max, it has the super smal diameter for penetration on game and have the HIT system also teh 400's weight in at 9.7gpi.. For my money that is what i will be launching at deer in a month or so. I have 7" wraps with 3 5" sheild cut feathers @ 29.5" and a 145 grain head i am around 500 grains.

#12 ·
I'm Through With GT's Too

I've found Beman ICS Hunters to be very good shafts; comparably priced to GT's, but w/(evidently) much better quality control, they've proven to be much more 'bang for the buck' for budget conscious consumers like myself.

BTW; I trust the Bemans enuff that I chose them to take on my upcoming (once in a lifetime) caribou hunt.

#14 ·
Easton Epic

Easton Epic 500 for your bow. Why? Economics. GT 55/75 would appear to be overspined for your bow so would an Easton/Beman 340. However, shoot what works. Your going to be suprised at the light weight of carbons. Use 100 gr brass inserts to get the weight up (you can get them at 3 Rivers).

#15 ·
played with carbons all summer, IM 45# @27 1/2 on a morrison long bow 3555 gold tips 29in fly good but for broadhead tunning I had to add a 250 field point for proper spine.I use the carbon weights and a 125 magnus 2 blade broadhead on this arrow to hunt.The epics 500 shot similar to the gold tips and are a bit heavier.My favorite hunting load so far is the easton axis a heavey carbon that is a brother to the black max .this arrow @29in with a 125 grain broadhead adapter and a 125 wensal woodsman weights in at 525 grains and shoots just like my field points.I could probably get by with a lighter broadhead adapter but havent tried yet.But I like weight I shoot to hunt ,I dont comp shoot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.