Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I'm moving to Montana around the end of august to go to school for the next 2 years and don't have a clue how to find a place to live, i have tried to search houses to rent and stuff but am having no luck! I am moving to Butte and would love to find a guest house on a ranch to rent, a loft or rent a room. I am leavin my farm and will seriously be missing the farm and would love to have the opportunity to help out at someones farm while I am down there!!! Plus maybe go hunting..... :shade:

· Registered
1,882 Posts
idk, but I would think you'd need to visit Butte & knock on some doors for something like that. Maybe with some references handy. I bet there are plenty of people w/ an extra room that would be glad to rent out to a student... especially one willing to do chores. But, I doubt you'd find those places advertised.

Might also put a "housing wanted" ad up on craigslist & see if anyone contacts you.

just a couple ideas... hope it works out for you. Enjoy your time in MT.

· Registered
403 Posts
There are lots of places to live in Butte. I just graduated from Tech last May... there were always people looking for students to rent, Butte is really cheap too. We had a 3 bedroom town house for $650/ month. Check craigs list and the Butte paper, or check at the school. Its a sweet location... the last two years we had bulls bugleing within a 15 min drive from our place on Park street. Sweet fishing too.

Ohh... and if you have never been to Butte on St. Pattys day you are in for a BIG suprise!!:D:D:D

· Registered
660 Posts
I've been to Butte on St. Patricks day,,,,,,,, I think, I don't really remember.
It's kind of a fuzzy memory, I know I started in Butte and ended there, it is just the middle part that's fuzzy. I live about 60 miles East of Butte, good area to be if you like the outdoors, hunting, fishing, and that sort of thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.