Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shot insanity the other day, although set a 29 not my 30 inch and also lower draw weight(will go back and shoot at my specs), dealer does not have any MR6 instock, just wanting comparison's between the 2. Seemed the insanity wanted to really jump when at full draw.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
MR's are getting great reviews by most, if not all, that own them..dealers don't stock them since mathews pours most of their marketing money into the Heli-M and Z7 Extreme these days...super smooth draw on all MR models now...nothing like the original Monster 6.0, they hold steady at aim and are absolutely dead in the hand at release...I have all 4 and each has its own personality..MR5 is pure power, MR6 is the ultimate hunting rig (IMHO), MR7 is silky smooth but still plenty fast and the MR8 is the ultimate 3D/Spot rig where speed limits are in place but you want to shoot at the top of the 280/288 limits with a generous brace height to keep the arrows in the 12 ring...search the threads on AT for "MR8" or "MR6 or Insanity" to hear many opinions...one thing that I noticed is that the "haters" stay away from the MR threads unlike the Z7 or Heli-M threads....if you can find a friend or shop owner that has one near your specs just ask to run an arrow or three thru it...most will say yes. Best of luck

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
brdymakr said it all i have the mr6 and in my opinion it is the ultimate hunting bow it demands respect and i have yet to hear anything bad about it. i used to love bowtech bows but sold my assassin to try an extreme which i absolutely hated i was going to wait to get the insanity but shot an mr6 and had to have it and after shooting the insanity i think the mr6 is the greastest bow on earth. shoot them both at your specs and think it over my vote goes to the mr series

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no shops close have MR6. How does the Mr6 compare to the M7, I had one of those and loved it, should have never sold it. I am looking for the 6 to get little more speed than my extreme.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Opinions, opinions. I have the Insanity. Shot both, liked what I got better than the other one based on personal preference.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have a MR6 and absolutely love it. My friend just got the insanity....don't get me wrong it's a great bow, but I wouldn't trade my mr for anything. Honestly, you couldn't go wrong with either, but for me I'd take the mr6 any day...hands down.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
no shops close have MR6. How does the Mr6 compare to the M7, I had one of those and loved it, should have never sold it. I am looking for the 6 to get little more speed than my extreme.
It's a pretty close comparison to the M7 on the smooth draw but I do think the MR has a better balance to it. I should have mentioned that I also have 3 original Monster 6&7's in the house (my sons, nephew) that I get the chance to shoot as well. We've put M7 mods on all the 6.0's to smooth out the rough edges and valley on the draw cycle...MR's are better out of the box but put a new set of Proline's or other top string and cable set on and pick up some fps and extra pounds from the limbs if you want. PM me with a list of your questions and setup concerns and I will do my best to provide you with all the observations and specs that we've used successfully. There are about a dozen or so of us that have made the jump from Z series bows over to the MR in the past few months and we are sharing info openly. There are some great deals here on AT versus a dealer but they come with no warranty/set up, etc...you'll also encounter about a 2 week wait if you ordered one today, especially if you wanted black riser/limbs. Anyway, just ping me or Z7xlr or Henro or Kyhunter5569 or Pass Thru or most of the others that you see on the MR threads...all good guys trying to help others out. I'm Jeff (Brdy)

·
Registered
98 Posts
See if you can find an MR somewhere to shoot, everyone likes something different, so its best to compare. I was dead set on a MR(my dealer has all of them 5-8) until I shot the insanity. I liked the balance, draw and the wall of the insanity better myself. that said, I'd love to have either.

·
Banned
3,014 Posts
Love my MR6...tried the Helium but no way was I going to change from the MR6. The MR6 is an awesome hunting rig and super accurate.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I love my MR8, really love the draw, the valley feels wide enough that if you creep it doesn't pull your shoulder out of joint. Haven't shot the insanity yet, but I did draw one back at the local shop yesterday, to me it has a good sized hump right before full draw, and has a very narrow valley. I do really like the back wall on it though, very solid. I alsways like to have a bow that if I have to let down on an animal, I cant control it. My MR is very easy to control, as the Insanity definitely wants to jerk your arm on the let down. I always hear people say the MR series bows are so heavy, but the insanity is about the same weight, which I personally like. Go shot both of them, go with the one that feels the best, and you shoot the best.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
The 6, even though top heavy, is a great bow!!! Converted mine to a 6.7, which made it even better. As far as a comparison to an Insanity, won't be able to tell ya for a few weeks.....just ordered a cpxl yesterday without even trying it. Can't beat the tunability of them overdrive binaries.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Love my mr6. Had an z7x that I traded for my mr. I don't plan on getting rid of this bow for quite some time. I'm going tomorrow to get another bow hopefully, I plan on shooting the insanity so I can get my own take on it.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
i hated my z7x so bad i was going to go back to bowtech but the insanity came out after i had my mind made up for a mr6. i wish mathews would just dump the z series and realize how awesome their mr series is.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I didn't mind my z7x, just had a heck of a time holding on the target. I can hold my mr6 dead on!

·
Registered
24,903 Posts
havnt tried a mr6 only the m6 ( here the mr6 is smoother) the insanity IMO is much nicer the the m6 I tried. better draw,grip, after shot etc... both deffinatly try to shoot both before you buy. I love my insanity though

1 - 20 of 21 Posts