Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
these were taken in belchertown today 12/20. And the DNR Denies them...

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Did you take the pic?

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I believe it... saw one in Lanesboro MA once while bow hunting.. no doubting what i saw.

·
Registered
987 Posts
looks kinda like an over-fed Kitty

·
Registered
362 Posts
Can we see a close up of one of the paw prints that are in the snow?

Kind of a blurry picture for 2009. What were they using to take the picture?

I don't doubt that there could be mt. lions in western mass but this photo isn't a good piece of evidence.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Thats a house cat. Thats why DNR is denying its a ML, because it isnt.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Taken 100yds away. with a reg point and shoot camera. I know they dont look convincing, but i trust the guy who took them. So take them for what its worth. I wish he had went out and measured the tracks, but what can ya do.

·
Registered
987 Posts
the color looks almost like a bobcat, def. strange, in size reference to those reeds in the background i would say the animal is 30lbs or so, def. a big animal but not big enough to be a mt lion. almost as if a bobcat bred with a maine **** cat.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its def weird animal. I wouldnt beleive it by just the pics. i just beleive the guy who saw it with his own eyes. he thought bobcat, but realized it was to big and had a long tail.. i wish he went out and checked the tracks. Wish i had my camera with a good zoom.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Seriously guys, look at its size in relation to the brush in the background. That house cat weighs 10 lbs tops. Theres nothing weird about it. Distance from the camera to the animal only means something if you also know the exact zoom that was used. Dont be so gullible.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts