Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 60-70# ovation.
I would like to trade for some 50-60# limbs, unfortunately there does not seem to me anybody else selling/trading ovation limbs on here.
so this my question, does they ovation share limbs with any other bow? LX SBXT ect...
thanks,
G

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I don't know if it shares limbs but the one thing you will have to keep in mind, that if it does you will have to take the string suppressors off your limbs now and put them on the other ones to see if they will fit. It could get pretty complicated figuring out what limbs are right. i would go to the mathew's forum and ask this question over in the technical forum. some of the bow techs should be able to help you over there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ovation 50-60#limbs

I have a set of brand new ovation limbs in my shop. they are 60# realtree hardwoods. Not interested in trade bu will make you a good deal on them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
sorry for some reason my pm is not working, but I can sell you this set of brand new ovation limbs for 120.00 plus shipping. Shipping would probably run around 15.00.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks anyway.
how would the limbs change besides the hole for the silencers?

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
thanks anyway.
how would the limbs change besides the hole for the silencers?
it is not the hole for the silencers it would be the silencers themselves. they come off of each bow at different angles.

the other thing that you would have to look at would be length of the limb and the deflection of the limb. the deflection will determine the poundage.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok I am a noobie with mathews..how can I tell the deflection?
I would just take the silencers of my current pair of limbs and put them on the new pair....or would that not work?
Thanks a lot I really appreciate it.
G

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
the deflection is above my head and that is where you got to talk to a bow tech to figure that out. If the limb will work with your bow then you should just be able to switch the string suppressors over. i would all of the information verified by a mathew's certified tech before i would do anything though, just to be safe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts