Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What Muck boot is good for hunting in 15-35 degree weather?

Also do these boots keep you warmer than say the rubber lacrosse boots since the breathe?

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
In my opinion they do not breathe at all. My feet sweat and will always be wet inside of my muck boots. I have the arctic pro boot and I’d say that’s appropriate for the temps you stated. Get a half size larger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have the same boot .it works great for me. I bought mine at an amish store outside of clare mich.105.00. well over 150.00-160.00 else where.

·
Ice Cold
11,854 Posts
Since the muck/humans society thing I haven’t bought any, and I like my lacrosse better anyway. But if you get cold the arctic sports are warm, hot actually, and I sweat in them too much.
A pair of darn tough socks and I’m good to go in pretty much any temp.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I wear Bogs all winter, chores, ice fishing, cutting wood, bow hunting really like them and under $100.

·
Huntoholic
1,626 Posts
I used the woody max for several years, warm dry boot if you size it right, as others have stated hot and sweaty if you walk very far.

·
Registered
195 Posts
My favorite Muck boots are Muckmasters (I like mid cut). They are warm enough for the temp in your post but you can wear them in warmer weather too. I also have the high cut Arctic Sport. I rarely wear them because they are too warm for most of what I do.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Go with a thinner muck boot. Then add some Arctic Shield boot covers when it gets really cold!!

None of them breathe...

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
About the best boot if you like that style. Personally, I like a my Danner Pronghorn 1000 gram for cold weather and my Danner Pronghorn 400 for warm weather. You don't need a rubber type boot for deer hunting unless you are wading through water. I have 2 pair of Muck Woody Max and 2 pair of Lacrosse Alpha Burly's that I very seldom wear anymore. And a pair of Cabela's version of the Woody Max.

·
Registered
28,169 Posts
Personally, my feet freeze in Muck boots in freezing temperatures. They make my feet sweat and sweat against your toes is a sure fire recipe for cold feet.

·
Registered
671 Posts
About the best boot if you like that style. Personally, I like a my Danner Pronghorn 1000 gram for cold weather and my Danner Pronghorn 400 for warm weather. You don't need a rubber type boot for deer hunting unless you are wading through water. I have 2 pair of Muck Woody Max and 2 pair of Lacrosse Alpha Burly's that I very seldom wear anymore. And a pair of Cabela's version of the Woody Max.
A lot of guys like rubber boots for deer hunting for scent control.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
i have muckmasters and arctic pros. im normally a size 10 to 10.5, my arctics are 12s. a thick pair of merinos and a liner and im good in most any temp. my feet do sweat, but they are warm and damp.

·
Disco89
981 Posts
Quality wool socks are needed in cold (this is 100% true of any boot, and all warm boots will cause feet to sweat even if they "breathe" it's not like there is much of any actual "breathing" happening. Socks are the key). That said, my Woody max are what I wear for anything below 25 degrees including icefishing and late season hunting at below zero temps. I've had mine for 10 years now, and with some shoe-goo where some tears have occured from rough use, they are doing well. My next pair I will go with the black/farm versions instead of camo for at least a $40 savings Arctic Sport I believe, is the Woody-max equivalent.

·
Proverbs 21:19
9,601 Posts
I personally like Muck but next pair I'm trying Dryshod. I wear the woodysport.

·
team whacknstack
3,206 Posts
muck dont make a boot to keep my feet warm

·
Registered
6,908 Posts
Gonna be different for everyone.

My mucks my feet/lower legs get damp...even with the best of Merino wool. The way the top is designed is like a seal on my calfs. Wife...not a problem as her calfs are alot smaller and she has air space.

I only wear mine if its real wet. They sit in the back of the truck the other 360 days a year...I hate rubber boots...:zip:

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
Since the muck/humans society thing I haven’t bought any, and I like my lacrosse better anyway. But if you get cold the arctic sports are warm, hot actually, and I sweat in them too much.
A pair of darn tough socks and I’m good to go in pretty much any temp.

I'm the same way I won't ever buy their products again. Why support a company trying to eliminate what your buying their boots to do? I went Lacrosse and I'm very happy.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts