Archery Talk Forum banner

Muck Wetland Boot

1964 11
Hey all. I am in search of a new pair of hunting boots that I can wear year round and a local store has the Muck Wetlands on sale for $89.00. I don't think they are insulated but they're rated down to -20, if that really means they keep you warm down to that temp or that is where your foot freezes off. Anyway, anyone have any experience with these? My only concern with the Muck boots is the upper part of the boot. I walk through alot of brush and thick woods and I've heard how people rip this part of their boots. I also looked at the Lacrosse but I've never payed more than $40 for a pair of shoes so seeing a price tag of $120 hurts. Thanks for any help.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2,313 Posts
go with lacrosse , you wont be sorry. you buy the best and you dont have to buy it again. at least for a while in this case . my lacrosse boots are five years old now still as good as when i bought them , although I use them for hunting only as ive got others to work in. that my Opinion but everybodys got a different one. Good luck.

· Registered
963 Posts
Of all the products I have ever used, Muck Boots are absolutely one of the best. I own two pairs and can't imagive better from this type of product. They are very comfortable, so much so that I wear them for all sorts of outdoor activities........they get more use than any boot I own and have since about 1999 when I bought my first pair.

Two huge thumbs up from me.

Matt

· Registered
760 Posts
Wore my LaCrosse's till the rubber sides pulled away from the sole becuase I step on the heel to take them off. Once that happened they were shot. I like my new Mucks because they are a LOT easier to take off and on. They have a built in finger loop to pull on and a heel tab for "stepping" them off. I would never by LaCrosse again. Plus the factory just bailed on LaCrosse the city and moved plants. That pi$$ed me off!

· Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help so far. I recently read about Lacrosse being made outside the US, that probably seals the deal for me. I think I'll go pick up those Mucks this week. Anyone else have any input on this particular boot?

· Registered
135 Posts
i have a pair and wouldn't trade them for the world. i have been wearing them for three years and they are cool in the summer (south carolina) and warm in the winter. rarely do i ever have to wear more than 1 pair of wool socks on frigid mornings. i walk through a lot of briers and brambles and haven't had a bit of problem with the uppers. the only thing i wish was different is that the boots were snake proof. i started hunting a swamp without hogs in it this year and the place is covered up with water moccasin. i killed six in one morning last weekend and saw twice that many.

· Registered
365 Posts
Muck Boots are hands down the most comfortable pair of boots I have ever used. I've owned three pairs in 5 years. Once the sole started pulling away on my first pair I bought two more pairs. I got the Woody Max for hunting up north, and a pair of the Edgewaters for hunting down here. Muck Boots changed their sole style and binding process about 3 years ago, and since then I haven't had a problem. My family and friends, all wear Muck Boots, and I don't see myself switching anytime in the future. You won't be sorry if you get a pair.

· Registered
811 Posts
i got the arctic ones. -40 to 60, yah right on the temp ratings. i wore em with -40 socks and wool sock liners at 0 to 5 below and still feet were cold and 60 too hot if your moving at all. rating might be off but like others have said they are sure comfortable and easy to wear. if the neoprene part gets damaged its an easy to patch. i had to patch mine up some because they got tore up riding on a wheeler on a moose hunt but the patch stuff is easy, cheap and holds up great.

· Registered
1,756 Posts
I have always wondered if your feet would sweat a lot in the Muck boots if it is hot. Any comments on anyone's experience with this in warm/mild environments?

· Registered
580 Posts
i have a pair and wouldn't trade them for the world. i have been wearing them for three years and they are cool in the summer (south carolina) and warm in the winter. rarely do i ever have to wear more than 1 pair of wool socks on frigid mornings. i walk through a lot of briers and brambles and haven't had a bit of problem with the uppers. the only thing i wish was different is that the boots were snake proof. i started hunting a swamp without hogs in it this year and the place is covered up with water moccasin. i killed six in one morning last weekend and saw twice that many.
I think you were talking about muck and not having a snake boot not the cheapest boot in the world but they have them. check this site out

http://www.muckbootcompany.com/products/SBR-MOBU

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.