Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How high can you get with thies. I think Muddy come in a 4 pk not sure what the Loan wolf come in. I am leaning towards the muddy 4 pk. Just not sure how high I can get. Sticks are 20in so thats 80in plus spacing.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just got a set of 3 lone wolf for my son. We used them for the first time on sat. They will get you about 15 feet up. You could get more if you spaced them out more. I was thinking of getting a couple of strap steps to start with then use the sticks. They sure are nice to climb on very sturdy.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I just bought a 4 set of LW sticks from Bowhunterssupplystore. They were back ordered though.

That should get me to 20 ft.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have both, but not as the "sets".

I bought 4 of the LW sticks, as I knew I wanted the option of getting higher than 3 would allow, and I also bought 2 of the Muddy sticks, to use in any odd situations where the longer sticks might not work on a funky tree, etc., but also to use while actually hanging the stand itself. I just feel having the dual footpegs to stand on would be a bit safer/easier while working the stand into position.

I like both brands, but prefer the LW overall. I like the dual pegs on the Muddy over the single pegs, but in ease of use and length, I prefer the LW sticks. As far as being quiet, it's pretty much a wash IMO. The "stock" straps for the LW sticks can be noisy if they bang against something metal (like the stand and/or stick itself), so I replaced them with the UCR's--now whisper quiet.

The Muddy sticks don't have the buckle, but I've noticed that if you don't carefully and deliberately control the cams when removing the rope, they make a very audible "clicking" as those cams spring back.

Either way, using the sticks and a LW Alpha will allow me to be more mobile, and be less restrictive than using a climber.

I don't think you'll regret using them, regardless of which brand you choose!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts