Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my stand narrowed down between those 3 . Leaning heavily tp the 100 for seat and weight . Primary hunting will be Ga and ok . Run and gun style hunting . Thoughts please . Looking to stay under 150 but will spend a little more for the 100

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
is this the boss xl? if it is its not that great. I have the m100u and boss xl and if your bigger guy the m100 kinda sucks unless you can shoot sitting or x bow. I find it really hard to stand up in it. I could however sit all day in it. boss xl is a 2-4hr stand for me. m50 looks like its better for bow hunting.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Are you talking the millennium m100u? One thing you will have to think about the receiver adds quite a bit of weight so it's really not 11 lbs to carry in..

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the Millennium and also the boss xl . I'm 6'2" wear a size 12 so the platform of the xl is what I like . But the seat on the 100 just looks like the viper seat which I love . As far as receiver that's fine cause both of the other options way 20 pounds . It almost seems the 50 is best of both worlds but for the money I can get that seat on the 100

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
dicks has a field and stream stand that looks like the m50. I tried backpacking my boss xl into the farm and it was horrible. the big game straps broke. couldn't get the thing to lay flat, all in all it sucked. im 6.6 and trying to stand up out of the m100 sucks. there is no foot room to stand. you have to perfect the stand and push the seat back at the same time without falling out of the stand.

you mentioned viper seat. i find myself more often using my climber than any other stand i have because of the comfort, safety and i find it easier than using a hang on with sticks.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Yes the Millennium and also the boss xl . I'm 6'2" wear a size 12 so the platform of the xl is what I like . But the seat on the 100 just looks like the viper seat which I love . As far as receiver that's fine cause both of the other options way 20 pounds . It almost seems the 50 is best of both worlds but for the money I can get that seat on the 100

I am the same size as you and went with the monster m150... nice seat and good sized platform

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IL check that one out . Not really looked into that one is it a good bit more?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
You are on the right track with the M100. The receiver does add to the weight, but it is worth the weight. Easy to setup and still light, but most of all it is the most comfortable hang-on stand you will find. I am about the same size and the platform is plenty big on the M100.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
yeah the m150 is going to be more expensive but I did not like that the m100 was only 20 inches wide and no foot rest. I also don't like heights and when I stand I like to have my back foot against the tree and the m100 is very narrow back towards the seat post.

the millennium m50A might be the perfect stand for you... Lighter than the m50u. Aluminum version of the m50u

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Mill...=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=04260336&rid=20

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I'm a big guy and love the m50. Much more versatile than the m100 for bowhunting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts