Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a Black Gold Revenge and am happy with it. Immediately started shooting better after it was installed.

However, for future reference, what other hunting sights (mfg/model) have the following feature sets:
- 4 or 5 pin with both individual micro-adjust and gang micro adjust with some sort of marking on the arms
- 2nd and 3rd axis adjustment
- Robust and durable design
- <11 or 12oz
- < ~$400 USD
- Final / bottom pin is a floater/slider pin that can be quickly adjusted W/O adjust all the other pins - this feature i only if it doesn't mess up the above requirements

Nice to have but not needed:
- Sight is mounted on a slider - only if this doesn't sacrifice significant durability
- Tool-less adjustments and locking mechanisms
- Yellow or orange bubble level - tried a few sights with a clear bubble level - not ideal for my eyes.
- Adjustable fiber optic brightness, either automatically or manually (BG's photochromatic housing works well for me so far outside in southern CA sunshine or in relatively dim environments - a small amount of star bursting but not a big deal)

For reference, shop I got the BG at also had all the Spot Hogg models available, but I wasn't a fan of how the pins pivot rather than slide up/down. Also looked at a few sights from other brands I can't recall. CBE, Axcel, and HHA were not available at the time I went in. Saw Option Sights online and really like the way they work / are designed, but it looks like they don't have micro-adjust on the individual pins.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I also have a revenge that I really like. I used to use a G5 Optix XR which sounds like it has a lot of your wants. It was a great sight and was light. They are hard to find now but can be. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts