Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some questions about multi-pin scope magnification...

1) I have read that some people are having trouble seeing the the small (0.010") pins when using them on a magnified scope and clarifier. I believe that the specific conditions were 4x lens and #2 clarifier. Has any one else had this problem? Do 0.019" pins solve the problem or are 0.029" pins needed?

2) I have seen the Tagged Out range finding system on many sights and scopes, but never with a lens. Is Tagged Out compatible with a lens kit on a scope? Is Tagged Out Visible when combined with a lens and clarifier?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Taking it up for some answers.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
When you improve the view of a target by making it appear larger through magnification, you make it more difficult for the eye to focus on anything in between, like the sight pins. The human eye can only focus on one plane at a time. You must therefore make the pin larger or more visible somehow. So it is probable that the pin size will have to be increased or brightened. Clarifiers can help, but remember, you are always compromising on either the clarity of the target or the pins.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I cannot see a .010 pin with a #2 clarifier. For me it's OK with a #1.
I have not tried a .019 pin yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts