Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my Centergy but dang, this thing is loud.
I have done everything possible. Leeches, Limb savers, 475 gr. arrow, starbelizer, after market yoke dampeners, tried aftermarket strings with different materials....

I don’t know what else to do! The metallic “thwap” on the shot is too much.

I just watched Remi Warren on tv and his was noticeably loud also!

What else can be done? This bow is amazing! I truly do like it, have never shot this well!
BUT.....if I wanted something as loud as a x-gun, I’d just bought one of those!

Merry Christmas everyone!
Deone

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Try a different string stop. Makes a noticeable difference. I have a bow rattler on mine or try coolhandluke here on AT or make your own for cheap to try out. 3/8” solid steel rod cut to length with a bow Jax/ limbsavers stopper and a damper on the rod.

·
Say What?
1,959 Posts
That noise is coming from the top cam. Flick it with your finger and it gives off that ting noise you hear on the shot. Bottom cam doesn’t do it.

·
Registered
15,104 Posts
I found these to make a huge difference v/s what was there to start with.
25 grains each, but I'm not speed freak.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Cool Hand Luke string stop and monkey tails top and battom against the yokes helped my Hybrid a bunch. Still louder than my Elites but liveable!

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Coolhandluke string stop......and cat whiskers on the main string.

The new suppressor is an added improvement, but when I put the cat whiskers on my ion, I was shocked how quiet it got..

·
Registered
560 Posts
I put string leech’s as well as limb dampeners and it doesn’t do much that’s just how it is Prime are not the quietest bows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
840 Posts
They definitely have a twang. I swapped out my stock string stop with a Bow Rattler and it made a world of difference in both felt vibration and noise. It still seemed "loud", that was until I killed a deer and the shot, in the woods was dead quiet. Sometimes I think we freak out over it when we're either indoors or somewhere that the sound can bounce around. My home range is behind a tall wooden fence and makes any bow sound a lot louder than it is.

Swap out the stop first and see what you think. I'd bet money you'll be very happy with it.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Get a bow rattler string stop and a set of hushpuks. Put the hushpuk on inside of riser near limb pockets

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
That noise is coming from the top cam. Flick it with your finger and it gives off that ting noise you hear on the shot. Bottom cam doesn’t do it.
My One and I have a defy and both do it I can't find it for the life of me

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I don’t think these bows are loud. It’s just a different sound. Now I don’t know how accurate these apps and I know it’s not an actual decibel meter but let’s just say for testing purposes they are close. Before I post results, let me just say I shoot 65lb with the TRK 5 cams shooting a 410gr arrow about 280fps. I have limbsaver broadband limb dampeners and a Coolhand Luke string stop. I have no Yoke dampeners or string leeches. I have an 8” Bee Stinger with a TAP stabilizer booster.

Now I put my device right beside my bow when taking the shot (about waist high to the left of my bow). I shot 3 bareshafts and a fletched arrow. Look at the “MAX” number

Bareshaft

Fletched with a wrap

This was all taken indoors in my basement beside a block wall shooting at 10 yards. If I shoot at my lower target, it actually makes more sound than the bow on impact so these were all shot into the blob. Below is a pic of the bow so you can see I don’t have anything on the string or yokes. I wouldn’t worry about the sound. The deer I shot at 25 yards never flinched

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 21 Posts