Archery Talk Forum banner

muzzy 3 blades or NAP thunderheads? any suggestions?

5K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  ohiohoytshooter 
#1 ·
Im having trouble picking inbetween these, witch one's would you recommend most ?

#2 ·
I've used both, both are great. The Thunderheads have the sharpest blades I've ever came across...almost scared to put them together. If I had to pick I'd choose the Muzzy's. Personal preference. I think they're tough are heck, have sharp blades, and fly great too.

Can't really go wrong with either IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I have shot both Thunderheads and Muzzy Trocars. Shot Thunderheads for well over 20 years and recently decided to shoot Muzzy Trocars. A buddy of mine let me shoot one of his Muzzy Trocars. Either will be a great choice, but if your bow is not tuned, then either will do you no good. My E35 shot both out to 50 yards great, but the Muzzy Trocars had field point accuracy out to 50, so I went with the Muzzy Trocars. I have killed 3 deer with the same broadhead and Easton ACC Prohunter.

#8 ·
Considering you get 2 MORE heads for just about the same price, the choice is pretty easy. Thunderheads come in 5 pack, the Muzzy's in 3 packs.
Im shooting both though.

#9 ·
Both will do the job, but I prefer Thunderheads. The blades are scary sharp, cheaper and the ferrule seem stronger. Been using them for about 30 yrs. This yr tried the Ramcat and Phathead both did their job but will probably go back to Thunderhead since I have a lifetime supply.

#10 ·
For my experience I will steer clear of the Original 3 blade or the MX3 or 4 due to the screw on tip. I have to switch those tips around from head to head to get them to spin true enough for good arrow flight out of my bows. I bareshaft tune and must get a perfect bullet hole before I'll call it a day on tuning. But with the speed my bow shoots the head must be true. Thunderheads while longer have all spun true on my spinner.

#13 ·
Thanks for the input everyone i think im gonna go with the muzzy 3's or the mx 3's, i also have another question if anyone els looks at the forum, im gonna be using these heads for white tail and moose how much grain should i go, i know its all about shot placement but alot of people say moose need heavier and i dont want to have to re tune my bow right after the moose hunt for the deer hunt

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.