Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used the muzzy 100 grain 3blade last year with good results. The only complaint I had was that the blood trail was not as good as I would have hoped with chest pass throughs and really sharp blades. Do any of you who shoot the 4 blade feel it gives better blood trails or is it 6 of one half dozen of the other??
Thx
NW

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
Well with 4 blades you are gonna have a bigger area cut meaning more blood , I switched from the 3 blade to the 4 blade for this season , will post some pic's Sept 10 :wink: thats our opening day ..

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Muzzy was onlya four blade when it came out and made its reputations a 4 blades All the guys at the Muzzy factory shoot 4 blades

They are Thunderheads lunch sicne Thunderhead doesnt make a 4 blade and now they are close in sales

4 blades rock TINK

·
Registered
50 Posts
This just made me think, I shot my first deer with a 8 bladed wasp.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I shot 3-blade Muzzy's for years and switched to 4-blade 100's the year they came out. A 4-blade will theoretically give you a better blood trail than a 3-blade, but it always boils down to shot placement. I don't think you can go wrong with either head.

The best thing about Muzzy's is the blade retention - I never had that fear while dressing out an animal: "I wonder where that other blade is?"

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have been using muzzy's exclusivly for the past 12 years and have used both the 3 & 4 blade units.

Personally I have not seen any larger of a blood trail when using a 4 blade but like it was mentioned above, it all boils down to shot placement. I personally prefer the 3 blade heads.

I have shot lots of big game animals (moose/bear/deer) with a 3 blade muzzy and trust me there has always been more than enough blood to track with!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I used the 3-blade last year and was thinking of going to a 4 this year but my 3-blade seems to fly a little better. Has anybody else noticed a difference with these heads??

·
Registered Elker
7,715 Posts
I am shooting muzzy 3 blades this year. I couldn't find the muzzy 130 gr 4 blades I like to shoot anywhere so I went with the 3 bladed heads. Not sure if an difference yet but we shall see.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I was at Dick's yesterday, and they only had 3 blades in any kind of broadhead. While the idea that four blades cuts better than three sounds good, it also occurs to me that three blades will hit less resistance and pass through harder.

We could start a ballistics thread like the ones on 10mmtalk.com comparing all the different calibers and loadings that border on theological dissertations.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts