Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any one know if the muzzy 100gr. 4 blade shoots the same as the practice blades with them...sighting in my new bengal for bow season..Thanks Alot Ty Noe........

·
Registered
391 Posts
if your talking about the mx4 no they do not my hunting partner shoots them and we we shooting at elk camp and he'd been shooting the practice blades and decided to shoot a dull bh and it shot different

·
Registered
402 Posts
Muzzys

I had the same experience. Last year my muzzy four blades were flying perfect. This year I exchanged the blades for practice blades and was surprised to find that the broadheads were flying funny, mostly impacting low and to the right. Finally I put the old real blades back on and gave them another try and they were flying right again. I threw away the practice blades.

Marty

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
I just bought the 100gr 4 blade MX-4's and with the practice blades they flew 6"high and 6"right at 20 yards with the practice blades.....

My 90gr 4 blade muzzy's fly the same as field points with the real blades (dull)....

Maybe i should put a new set of blades on the mx-4's and try them before I sell them.....I just hate to dull a set of blades....

·
Banned
6,826 Posts
Ty Noe said:
does any one know if the muzzy 100gr. 4 blade shoots the same as the practice blades with them...sighting in my new bengal for bow season..Thanks Alot Ty Noe........

What you didnt believe me when I said they didnt? :wink:

·
Registered
524 Posts
They weight the same and are the same length. The reason they don't hit the same spot is the FOC. Since the blades are diff shapes they change the FOC. The weight is distributed diff. Balance one with practice blades and one with razor blades. The Center balancing point moves which is your FOC.

I have had great experiences with 3 and 4 blade Muzzy’s. 4 blades seem to keep the hole open for more blood. Although if you get a good heart shot you can watch them drop.:wink:

Good luck.

·
Shootingairborne
10,599 Posts
Muzzy for me.

I've used Muzzy's for a long time. When I had single cam and dual cam bows. I spent lots of time tuneing. Once the arrows were fling right. I had no problems. I loved the Muzzy 4 baldes, but they were hard to get around here. So I went with the 3 blades. For me I really didn't see any differance with the practice blades or the real deal. I used to have plenty of dull blades so I would shoot some arrows with just the practice blades and some with dull baldes. With the 100 grn I really had no problem 410 gran tottal weight, some bows shot 275 FPS,and my dually shot FAST!

I'm sure you did a spin check to make sure all was lined up right?

You should try one set of blades and see what happens, then just screw off the tip and put the on the other heads. Then shoot them to have peace of mind.:confused:

Good luck!
May all of your arrows fly true and hit the spot.:wink:
AirborneAll Tha Way:darkbeer:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts