Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) I am in Singapore. I bought a Muzzy Zero Effect about a year ago and have been using it on my Hoyt Defiant since abandoning all the launcher and prong rests. I am so happy with the Muzzy Z.E. My brother, who also is 72 years old and is shooting a Hoyt Defiant has installed a Muzzy Z.E and found that it has been indeed wonderful. Prior to that he always had the problem of arrows falling from his rest, which was a prong device. He bought the rest from Annaheim when he visited LA a couple of years back.
I have also invited all my visually handicapped archers to use Muzzy on their bows. They found it a "God-sent" as they now do not have to fear that their arrows would fall of the rest. Furthermore, being to various degrees visually handicapped, these archers are very inspirational to all in their enthusiasm to prove that they could lead a normal life in one of the sport that requires near to perfect eyesight.
Shooting with them, I found that my former theory has been blasted through the roof that "one could only shoot what one could see."
Recently, when I changed my set of arrows to carbon with 4 inch fletch, I found that the lower left hand hen fletch was crumpled due to striking something in the bow set up. I finally discovered it had something to do with the claw of the Muzzy. I then wrote to Muzzy to inquire and within hours received an email reply from them advising me to shoot with the cock feather turned at 9 o'clock and to allow the TBS to touch the plate of the rod of the Muzzy at full draw.
Imagine my pleasant surprise when I continued to receive emails from Muzzy to ask about my progress.
One could not find such follow up from a commercial company selling wares and products in this region at all.
We are all so pleased with the good manners and genuine interest Muzzy has displayed pursuant to our inquiries. Indeed, we were flattered to have received Muzzy's concern regarding our inquiries.
We all would be advising any compound bow archer to install Muzzy to their bows as we found that this rest beats all other rests and that the after sale service is most effective and good.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Sounds good! Glad to hear a good story about a company these days! Muzzy is definately a good company, and of those that shoots their rests and set them up properly, they love them! I shoot their broadheads, and killed a deer with one.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Muzzy is top shelf in my book.. I had a problem with one
of their broadheads about 4 years ago so I called them..
They sent me a whole 6 pack of broadheads and inserts
free of charge.. I was totally surprised... this is a great
company with great customer service...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great to know that such a company still exist! Definitely must support such a good organisation and spread the word around.

Keep it up man!

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Thats a great story, glad to hear your good luck! Yes Muzzy does make some good products & their broadheads are one of the best on the market.

Good to see good old fashioned customer service is still around!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Muzzy's greatness

In addition to what I had written about Muzzy being a great company, I wish to inform all and sundry that once I wrote to Muzzy for a group of visually handicapped archers belonging to the Blind Association of Singapore for a discount on their Muzzy Zero Effect Rests. Lo and behold, I was then expecting a discount of around 10 to 20% but was astoundingly surprised indeed when Muzzy offered a much higher discount for those visually handicapped archers, a discount which the blind archers blessed openly. In order to maintain good faith I regret I could not reveal the discount given by Muzzy but, needless to say, it is much more than what we all expected indeed.

Since we have 6 visually handicapped archers in our group the request was to purchase for them all the Muzzy Zero Effect Rests. I so purchased from Muzzy and within a couple of weeks received these rests without any problem at all in good strong packagin with sound wrappings and in good working order with video tapes to assist us in installing them.

This gesture of Muzzy should never be forgotten and allowed to lie fallow. I must tell the World what Muzzy has done for all archers including the 6 visually handicapped archers who until they installed the Muzzy Z.E rests were groping with launcher and prong rests with arrows falling around their feet making them dangerously grope for the arrows on the ground to retrieve them.

Now, all these visually handicapped archers with one similar voice says that Muzzy Z.E rests are "God-sent" and they are shooting remarkably well. Their praises for Muzzy as a whole are so clear and loud in our archery circle.

If ever there is a Robin Hood medal to give out, Muzzy ought to receive it with great aplomb. I can hardly find enough words of praise for Muzzy indeed.

We in Singapore, who are so far from the U.S. and the rest of the archery World, are mostly dependant on Archerytalk and magazines like Archery Focus to keep up with the archery products in U.S and Europe.

Now, Muzzy would be well serviced if they appoint a sole agent in Singapore to serve the S.E. Asia region which comprises of Malaysia, Phillipines, Indonesia, Myamma, Sri Lanka, Thailand, and including Cambodia and Vietnam. Our regional shoots are always very well attended and surprisingly indeed well represented by all the countries above mentioned.

The most used bows here in the compound bow category are the Hoyts, Mathews, PSE, Martin, and an assortment of High Country and Merlin. For the recurves the Korean bows seem to be most affordable but the better archers use Hoyt bows.

For arrows, now the trend here is to go for Doosung Olympian and other Korean carbon arrows, which are not too expensive for the archers. Losing one or two at weekend shoots in open grounds would not be so painful as losing an X 10 or ACC arrow. Of course, the more advanced archers use now Easton X10 or ACC arrows.

Strings range from BCY to Dyneema to Kevlar. And fletches are the usual plastic or feather kind.

We have a commercially run archery range which sells an assortment of archery equipment and bows and arrows. It has a good bow press for the compound bows and is run by one of our top archer. Charges to shoot at the indoor range run by this person are not exhorbitant and normally it is quite well patronised each day.

Our Archery Association, the supreme body supervising all competitions and archery matters, is run by enthusiastic volunteers of different moulds of people ranging from businessmen to workers in multinational companies and statutory boards. It is an association comprising of all archery clubs registered in Singapore who pay a yearly subscription to be member clubs. Now AAS is undergoing a kind of transient "revolution" having just emerged from a dictatorial leadership to a hoped for democratic organization. Earlier this year the whole committee from the president to the ordinary committee member resigned en bloc making way for more volunteers with deep interest in archery to take over. This association has a history of unhappiness and underground "revolution" giving rise to lots of scandalising and back biting among archers.

Hopefully, the AAS moves forward with one objective,that is, to foster a camaraderie spirit among all archers with good nature interests in each others need to improve this sport. In the Constitution one of the objectives is to improve an espirit de corp among archers but this objective seems to have been overlooked and forgotten for a long time. It is sad to notice that lots of these archers, who are competitively inclined, seemed to have lost the sense of a sporting spirit. Hopefully, the insinuous and unhealthy bickerings among archers stops with a new Managing Committee of the AAS and the past is buried among the rubbles of discontent.

I have the good fortune to see now that young school boys and girls are now taking a healthy interest in archery. They start off with recurves which are affordable and move ahead learning skills from approved certified coaches. From a handful of such boys and girls we now have a healthy group reaching an interesting total of 50 or so. It is hoped that within a year this group would increase to 200 and more.

A certain community hall now has been used for indoor archery where such boys and girls would conglomerate after school hours to learn the skills of archery in airconditioned comfort. The more enthusiastic of these young archers would go to the AAS outdoor range to improve at longer distances e.g. the FITA distances of 30, 50, 70 and 90 m. In the indoor range due to a constraint in space they could only shoot at 15 m. or 18 m. depending on the limited ranges in our country.

However due to the way of life in Singapore with people of all kinds, races, creeds and religion interested mainly in improving their social standing be it student or working adults, time is of the greatest essence. Everyone is caught up in the rat race and students are mostly engaged in improving their academic performance over and above any sport. Parents are emphasizing more on academic performance than on sport.

Due to this way of life, archery more so than any other sport, has been left in the doldrums for a lengthy period of time.

In our country there is no forest or jungles like in the U.S. or Europe for the hunters to hunt. What little forest we have is not conducive for hunting and the authorities that be would not allow hunting of any kind due to a fear of safety for other users like trackers and others using the few patch of forest in this densely built metropolitan.

For the avid hunter he or she would have to obtain a permit or licence to go and with their "weapons" whether bow and arrows or guns in the dense jungles of Malaysia. In the jungles there they may encounter wild pigs or boars or a kind of deer known here as "pelandok" but such permits are not easily obtained also. Furthermore, what such hunters would encounter is the dread of leeches and mosquitoes in these jungles.

Using a crossbow here is illegal totally. There is no licence given for the use of the crossbow which is considered a lethal weapon under the laws here like a gun. The licensing laws are so strict that it is well nigh impossible to obtain a licence for a hand gun or rifle or a shot gun. Those who have an interests in shot guns would have to be a member of a gun club in which his licensed shot gun would be strictly kept only to be used for practice with clay during certain days of the week under heavy supervision.

For an archer it is allowable to port around his archery equipment on his way to practice in the ranges so long as he is a registered member of an archery club.

The restriction for the importation of archery equipments have recently loosened. Until last year any importation of bows and arrows from any country must received the consent of the authorities. Early this year this restriction has been relaxed and an archer can import any archery equipment direct from U.S., Europe, and any other part of the World without fear of restrictions except for crossbows and bolts.

Hopefully,this article would be of interest to all who are interested to come to Singapore to either make a living or to have a vacation.

·
Banned
1,786 Posts
Muzzy

I have been on the Muzzy staff for about 5 years...The WHOLE muzzy system is great and from michelle to mark in tech and the whole staff are great people!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts