Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to shoot my 3 Blade 100 gr Muzzys the other day and have them hitting about 6 inches high. I spent about an hour and a half moving the nock to get my field points and broadheads to group with no luck. I became soo frustrated that I had to walk away.

Tomorrow I am going to try it again. I went and matched my blades with my fletching today to see if that might help.

If I can't tune them I think I am going to try 4 blade Magnus Stingers. On 2 or 4 blade broadheads does it matter if they are matched up with the flestchings?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

My bow and arrow specs are listed in my sig if they are needed for reference.

·
Registered
272 Posts
It doesn't matter where the blades and feathers line up, what matters is how the head is aligned with the shaft. spin the arrow on the tip of the head, if you see any wobble the arrow will not impact the same as a FP. The beauty of alluminum is you can heat and straighten the head to the shaft. once the heads are aligned you should be able to group the BH & FP together with only minor adjustments. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I agree w/Sid to a point...But they could be coming out of the bow a bit front high causing them to catch air and trend Upward... But yeah they need to spin test correctly!

·
I like big buffs!
4,291 Posts
Move your nock point UP, or your rest DOWN. They are coming out of the bow in an upwardly direction, and planing in that direction, as Taylor mentioned.

Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
muzzy tuning

Go to your auto parts store and get 9/32 rubber o-rings, they are fat like doughnuts. Not like the bands on mech heads. They allow you to put you heads on tight, but you can still tweak them to get em' flying right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts