Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed and shot my Muzzy Zero Effect arrow rest today and was painfully :cry: surprised. Shot after shot I found the rest driving into the top of my bow hand. I didn't understand why at first since it doesn't touch when holding it undrawn. Then it dawned on me :lightbulb . During the shot the cable slide was pushing the rest arm forward which cased the rest to slam into my hand. Well now that I know the problem, whats the solution. I thought a cable dampener might work well but it needs to be locked down on the slide rod and I dont think they do that. Anyone know if they do or might have a better idea?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Did you shorten the arm of the rest that goes from the rest to the cable guard. When I first put mine on we could tell it was going to hit my hand and I believe it was a combination of shortening the arm and hooking the arm to the bow through a different hole. I believe there are three holes that you can use to attach it with. Try moving it so that it is in a different hole.

·
Got Archery?
3,030 Posts
What type of muzzy zero effect rest is it? What type of bow do you have it on. I have a Next generation on my Mathews MQ1 with no contact with my hand.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Simms

Simms has a cable slide damper that slides on the rod, it will keep the rest from hitting your hand. It is common on some of the hoyts for the rest to hit the back of your hand. The simms damper works great.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a Buckmasters G2SL, 31" draw and the 600C model. I've tried all combinations of holes and I have it as far away as possible but the force of the cables still drives the rest forward and down into my hand. The only solution I see is to stop the cable from moving forward.

·
Registered
467 Posts
OK NOT to get off the subject here but...... how many times did you shoot it with it hitting your hand " painfully"? :wink:

·
Registered
13,494 Posts
watch the video,you can set it up wrong & still shoot with it.i've set up a bunch of the muzzy's ( about 10 min job) on all kind of bows never got a thumb buster yet.work with it .you have a good rest........

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I shot it enough to know it hurts! :wink: About 20 or so shots. I watched the video several times and I believe I have it set up the best it can be. It seems fine when just resting in my bowhand, it clears by about 1/2 - 3/4". I guess my long draw length propells the cable slide farther than expected or my grip is too high. I grip the bow high in the grip and try to make flesh contact with as little of the grip as possible. I try to let the grip rest in the web of my hand between my thumb and forefinger. Is this incorrect?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts