Archery Talk Forum banner

Muzzy or grimreapers

1312 27
I need some help having a hard time picking a broadhead i have shot thunderhead for ever have over 30 kills with them but thinking about muzzy mx3 or 100gr grim reapers any ideas ?
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· BowhunterT100
6,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I take it you have some kills with gr?

· Registered
6,168 Posts
Reapers. I got my hands on some today and I am very inpressed these seem like some tough broadheads. I may get bashed for this but Muzzy's quality seems to have dropped in the past few years that is just my opinion.

· Registered
560 Posts
i havent noticed any drop in quality of muzzys. i think that no doubt the muzzys are the "safe" option. i say this because me my dad and brother all use muzzys and if we hit a deer solid it dies. "top of the line" gear is not what kills deer or anything else your hunting its about what you feel comfortable with and what you can shoot well. overall my vote...muzzy

· Registered
6,703 Posts
Neither!!!

Reapers have a tendency to break and are cheaply made in my oppinion. Muzzys are nice and very great price u can get 6 of them for less than what im going to suggest...Rage Expandables I personaly use the 2 blades and love them like nothing ive ever seen or used. Like I said if your gun hoe on these 2 choices only then muzzys but if u r lookin still check out rage and if You are worried bout shootin a huge expandable check out there new 2 Bl needin only 40FP of KE to work properly... not tryin to offend u just not sure wat ur shootin or at what weight.

Good luck and God Bless

· Registered
2,937 Posts
I'd go with the Muzzy's. Too many bad stories about reapers. I use the standard muzzy 3 blade and MX 3's both have done well for me. I also shoot Cabela's FX3 which is a clone of the 3 blade muzzy. I've tried a bunch of other heads but keep coming back to the muzzy's because they work.

· Registered
25,350 Posts
never shot the reapers but i never really liked muzzy. hate how they fly and they just dont look that good to me. my uncle loves his though and got a doe with them this year.

i would get reapers.

· Registered
15,680 Posts
I have shot most broadheads and the Reapers are my broadhead of choice. I have never had an issue, they are super tough, fly like darts, and kill like there is no tomorrow. Awesome head. Muzzy makes a solid head but the blades are super flimsy and don't stay ver sharp. Look at some of the independent broadhead tests or some of the tests that grim reaper has done on their own and the reaper is always near the top of the list.

· Registered
1,517 Posts
Easy Choice

Between the 2, I would use the Reapers.

Have you tried the G5 Strykers? They fly extremely well for a fixed head, and their blades are as sharp and solid as any on the market. The one piece ferrel is rock solid. I have blasted thru 2 big bucks' shoulder why hunting in IL. They never made it out of sight.

· BowhunterT100
6,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all the help guys i think i am gonna go with the reapers and keep my thunderheads around for a back up plan

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.