Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot these yesterday and they flew high and right every shot. I thought it was a tuning issue until today. I tried the real blades and they are right on the money compared to my FP's. Has anyone else had issues like this with the practice blades?
I shoot the Muzzy 3 blade 100gr.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was getting my Muzzy 100 gr. 3 blades sighted in today as well. Some of my observations are:

The practice blades, from Muzzy, fly the same as the actual cutting blades, on my bow.

My point of impact at 18 yards was 4 in. to the right and an inch low compared to my field points. Planing obviously.

I'm set and will be practicing with this the actual blades that I'm hunting with until the Oct. 7 early achery season here in VA.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
It has been my experience that the Muzzy practice blades DO NOT fly like or have the same point of impact as the real blades.

It is always a good idea to practice with the exact setup you are going to hunt with for this very reason. My .02.:beer:

·
Banned
738 Posts
It has been my experience that the Muzzy practice blades DO NOT fly like or have the same point of impact as the real blades.

It is always a good idea to practice with the exact setup you are going to hunt with for this very reason. My .02.
i totaly agree,i found this out also ,using the mussy 100gr 3 blades.....:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I too agree that the muzzy pratice blade DO NOT fly the same as the real blades.

Every BH I shoot (regardless of brand) has one BH pulled for pratice only, with the real blades.

J-

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
I had some muzzys that had been through a deer already that I kept around rather than messing with replacing or sharpening the blades, I used them for practice, And I only took brand ne sharp BHs to the woods.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I use the real sharp blades for practice. I never use the pratice broadhead that came in the package from muzzy.... I toss in the garbage at the beginning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts