Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have had a 6 pack of heads and replacement blades for that 6 pack and none of the blades were close to shaving sharp.

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
Never played with the MX4's, but all of the 3 blade 100 grainers I have ever played with were sharp enough to kill out of the package, but as said above, they weren't shaving sharp.

That being said, buy yourself a Tru Angle Pro Diamond R-3 Sharpener and strop combo and those bad boys will cut you if you look at them wrong ;)

·
Registered
761 Posts
I've not had a problem with Muzzy right out of the box , But then again I DON'T shoot a Hoyt ! :RockOn:

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
I think the sharpness is fine. I was complaining a little bit about them last week over their accuracy from 20 and 30 yards. But I shot them at 40 and 50this past weekend and they seemed to fly better at 50 than they do at 30. Very happy with my 50 yard groups. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
899 Posts
Sharp right out of the package.
Sharp enough to shave my arm hair off.

·
Registered
145 Posts
just bought a pack of mx4s and just the 100 grain 4blades and both where very shap out of the box

·
Another day in paradise!
3,711 Posts
Used 100gr 3 blade for years and they have always been shaving sharp! Great broadhead:wink:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just bought a 6 pack of 125 gr. 4 blade last Saturday. They were shaving sharp right out of the box. Never had a sharpness problem with Muzzy heads in the 15 years I have been using them.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I have shot the 4 blade 90 grain heads for the past 5 years. They flew great but always thought they could be sharper. I recovered every deer in the past 5 years except one w/ them. This year I switched to the g5 strikers and really like them as well, a lil sharper but they are both great heads

1 - 14 of 14 Posts