Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the muzzy trocar comes in 100 grain for bow...however, the 125 grain says "crossbow" ... this may be a stupid question....but is the muzzy trcoar 125 for crossbow only? it doesn't make sense to me why they wouldn't have a 125g for compound bows....stupid question i know....dont bash me:wink:

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
The whole crossbow version thing really gets me, most of them are just beefed up a little from the regular version (and I mean a little) some mechs offer more containment for the higher speed but the majority of it is just a useless label too me.

Short answer to your question a 125 grain muzzy trocar will serve you well even if the package markets it for crossbows

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I bought the 100 crossbow ones because I couldn't find the regulars . No problems with them

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I had some 125 grain Montecs that said crossbow on the package. No difference at all. Xbows usually run heavier heads, so manufacturers assume xbow shooters are the only ones who buy heads over 100 grains...

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
The crossbow version has a flared ferrule to be flush with the crossbow arrow. They come in 100 and 125 grain
Larger ferrule on the crossbow version to fit the 22/64 diameter of a crossbow bolt without the jump that some heads have due to smaller ferrules. I like the larger ferrule better on anything over standard diameter arrows like GT 22 series or any aluminum arrows 21/64 diameter or greater.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts