Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was considering getting a Zero Effect rest for my Mathews FX. I've heard that when using this rest people have problems getting their quivers to fit properly. Is this true? If so, how did you MZE users overcome this? Would the Mathews two piece quiver solve this? Also, does anyone know if you can use the little round simms dampener that slides on the cable guard with this rest? It looks like the arm might hit it.

Thanks for your time,
Jeremy

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Alpine Soft Loc (5 arrow)

Jeremy,
The alpine soft loc comes with spacers that should give the clearance you need. I've also used the spacer that comes with some of the old kwikee quivers.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I have no problem on my Hoyt Ultratec, using the Hoyt 2-piece quiver which puts the arrows pretty close to the riser. It is tight, but it does clear -- you probably want to test-fit any new quiver before you buy it; or vice-versa for the MZE.

The cable slide on the MZE is a little bigger than a normal slide, so there might not be room on the outboard end of the slide for a cable dampener. However there is probably plent of room on the inboard side. I use cable dampeners as a stop for the MZE, otherwise it slides too far forward on release and it hits my hand.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
No problems here when I shot the MZE on my Darton Maverick. Not sure about the Mathews though. I second the Alpine Softloc recommendation. Awesome quivers!

Dan

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE

Well I'm no longer thinking about getting a ZE rest. I got one! Instant group improvement. It would be hard to go back to a non-dropaway rest now. I love it. This thing is truly a work of engineering wizardrey. Its so simple, efficent and effective. I really like how my arrow cant fall off. Should be great for the hunting application I got it for. Maybe its just me but I think its also noticably quieter than the wisker bisquet it replaced.
As for the quiver issue. Thats a different story. I already have a alpine 5-arrow that I really like. When they set up my rest at the bow shop they had to use about 1 inch of spacers to move the quiver away from the bow to clear the rest. That, I didn't like. It through the ballance of the bow off and looked, well, crappy in my opinion. I checked the price of the Mathews two piece quiver. Ha! scratch that idea. Then I sat down and had a good look and figured out a way to make it work. I made a simple (nothing cut or drilled out) modification to my quiver. Now the mechanical parts of my rest clear everything, my quiver is moved back and fit snugly against my bow as it should be and I get to keep my favorite quiver. I'm a happy man!
If anyone else is having this problem with this particular rest, bow and quiver I would be glad to explain my modification. But I won't go into detail unless someone needs to know. Thanks for the posts and support. I've rambled enough.

Jeremy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts