Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recieved my new Zero Effect 600 PC (Nect generation for parrallel limb bows). My Question - has anybody set this rest up on a Tribute and if so, did you cross the cables above or below the cable guard? I tried it both ways and the cables touch very slightly if crossed below. The cables are well clear of one another if crossed above the guard, but they seem to have a lot of stress on them and I noticed considerable cam lean with this configuration. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
Hmmm.....I had a 600 pc on my Triubute for awhile. Off the top of my head I don't remeber which side the cables crossed on, but I want to say it was the bottom. My setup worked fine once I got it installed and I managed to get fletching clearance.

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
I think the only reason you used to have to cross the cables above the guard on bows with paralell limbs was to squeak out a little more movement in the cable harness? I had one of the "old style" ZE's on an AR34 Ram and a Half and had to change the crossing to above the guard to get enough travel out of the rest. After changing the crossing I did have to add some twists to one side of the split harness to correct cam lean. I think with the new design on the ZE's you should be able to get enough travel with the cables crossing in their "natural" position.

·
Registered
19,452 Posts
Cross the cables below the cable guard and you'll be fine as long as you have the 600 PC rest.

Attachments

·
Real helos, have 2 rotors
10,241 Posts
You may want to PM Dave Nowlin about using a drop away rest on a Binary bow. He posted a HUGE thread on the topic last year.

Bowtech changed the cams for 06 so I don't know if the same rule applies. The thread is titled Warning to Binary Cam Owners.

·
Registered
19,452 Posts
copterdoc said:
You may want to PM Dave Nowlin about using a drop away rest on a Binary bow. He posted a HUGE thread on the topic last year.

Bowtech changed the cams for 06 so I don't know if the same rule applies. The thread is titled Warning to Binary Cam Owners.
I didnt have to change a thing as the pressure is equalized on the cams with the MZE slide and no pressure on the down cable as with a tied on dropaway.

·
Real helos, have 2 rotors
10,241 Posts
Allrighty then. I didn't know the MZE slide would work on a bow with such short slide travel.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks

Thanks for everyone's input. I crossed the cables in their natural position and the bow is shooting great. I am getting 2-3 inch groups at fourty yards with three blade 100 gr muzzies. That is good enough for me......................

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
I am still tweakin on mine on my Rytera, I love the rest but am working on getting it just right for hunting season. I don't have one of the cable slide stops either, does that make any differenc?? '94

·
Registered
499 Posts
what about speed

I have my Tribute ordered and should be in this week. I plan to put a zero effect on it. I had the a ZE on my MQ1 and love it. Do you feel the ZE increases or decreases the speed of the bow or has zero effect?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Speed

I spoke with the Muzzy Techs and they said that the cables can cross below the rod if you are using the PC (next generation rest.) I have my Tribute set up that way and it is shooting great. As far as speed - I chronographed my bow at 306 fps with a QAD ultra rest. I am shooting 28 inch GT XT's with four inch vanes and wraps with 100gr tips. With the Muzzy ZE - I chronographed the same arrow at 303 fps. These are averages for ten shots. I imagine that the ZE may cause a little resistance on the cables, but 3 fps doesn't amount to squat. I really like the Muzzy rest because it is bullet proof. There is no way to get it out of time and it will rise and fall every time. I have had bad luck with some of the full capture drop aways. They would sometimes fail to drop and make a mess out of my fletching. I think anyone who is in the market for a new rest should really give the muzzy a hard look. As to those who say that it;s mostly plastic? I think it is a great design. There are many things in our world made of plastic, (car bumpers, bike helmets, rifle stocks). There is a reason. They are lightweight and flexible. They have excellent memory, if you happen to bend them a little, they go back to same shape, and they are less likely to make extra noise. Just my $.02......

·
Registered
771 Posts
How noisy is that Zero effect compared to your QAD rest?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quieter

I think the Muzzy has less noise because there is no launcher hitting the shelf and no springs releasing energy, but that is all relative to the shooter. The Tribute is very quiet to start with and the Muzzy rest really compliments this feature. I tried the Ultra Rest for a while, but I could not achive reliable fletching clearance..

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I have this same setup on my Tribute and it is a shooter. Tuned it last night, that baby is shooting bullet holes. and the cables cross below.

·
Registered
771 Posts
cool thx, i think i just might try that rest.

·
DefiantShooter
10,865 Posts
Weight -

Anyone weigh that thing after putting it on!??! :wink:

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
I had to cross my cables above, thats the only way the rest would travel enought to make the rest work. I don't think its getting out of the way quick enought though because all my cock feathers have a wave right in the deepest part of them where they are hitting the rest....any suggestions?? It still shoots pretty good but I don't like that thought?? '94

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
Another Zero Effect/ Tribute question........

I don't mean to hijack your thread......

I just got an older model LH Zero Effect in a trade....will it go on a Tribute or Allegiance without tuning probs?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts