Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Mathews Outback and I was trying to figure out if I can use this rest because (as you know they have roller rests). I want to know if it can attach to the string like a regular drop away. so please let me know thanks

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
I'm not sure I understand what you are asking? The Zero Effect designed for Mathews bows with the roller guards will work great on your Outback. The other models attach to the cable harness via a new cable slide and the Outback doesn't have a cable slide.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Well

you would need to serve your string where you want it to clamp. All other type drop aways use a string (rope) to pull the rest up the muzzy will still have a plastic arm that attaches to your string and it would need to be served there. My cousin had one on his switchback and he went with a Ripcord rest and it worked much better, Muzzy had vane contact... Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
you would need to serve your string where you want it to clamp. All other type drop aways use a string (rope) to pull the rest up the muzzy will still have a plastic arm that attaches to your string and it would need to be served there. My cousin had one on his switchback and he went with a Ripcord rest and it worked much better, Muzzy had vane contact... Hope this helps.
I can asssure you it was not set up properly if you had vane contact on the rests made for the Mathews RG bows.

Some of the parallel limb bows can make it kinda tricky to set 'em up but the Mathews models are a cinch. I shoot Blazers and it is not even close to hitting on my Drenalin.:zip:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts