Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
“Finally“!…..A year later…and my baby is complete!

I purchased my 2010 “Maitland Zeus” last summer direct from Rob Maitland himself. From the very first production run of Zeus made. This bow was number 54 off the line. And I have only recently been in a financial position to dress it up with the needed accessories of my choosing.

I fell in love with this bow design the minute the final prototype was unveiled. And I just had to have one. Everything about this bow in my opinion is a work of Art. Not only esthetically pleasing to the eye, but also incorporating many new innovative, well thought out “functional” improvements not found on any other previous bow models.

The extremely “sleek” (machined “Billet“) riser, with its artfully creative cutouts help reduce the weight of this long ATA bow. While also maintaining structural integrity. The extremely solid “extended riser bridge” provides consistent, evenly distributed flex support for the split limbs. The “Block” limb to riser mounting system offers the tightest, strongest connection of these two components. And helps to retain that strength and stability even at “backed off’ lower poundage’s. The single split buss cable, (floating yolk) and control cable make for simple, accurate timing adjustment and tuning.
And lastly, the head turning, large profile thinly machined VTX cam is the icing on the cake! I absolutely “love” the look of this cam design. For me it is a manufactured “Masterpiece”. It also offers module draw length adjustment down to 1/8 inch increments.

This cam may not produce the smoking fast arrow speeds of some of today’s bow models…or even the (new this year) “now available” faster Maitland VTR cam. But that does not matter to me in the least. It was not built for that purpose in mind. It was made for a “butter smooth” draw cycle,
with stable consistent shot to shot repeatability. It was engineered to be “the” premier long riser “Target” and hunting bow. In my opinion the Maitland Zeus is not only an extremely stable, smooth drawing, accurate bow, but it is also a breathtaking work of Art as well.

With the exception of the following…Vapor Trail’s proven “Limb Driver”, which I bought locally. The CBE scope housing, black Bomar cable slide, (which I exchanged for the factory white). G5 peep, and bow stand. All from the great people at Lancaster Archery.

All other items that make up this “Craftsman Combo” “AT” Special package (Including the “Zeus” itself of course) have been designed and manufactured by relatively “new‘ “Independent” “Entrepreneurial” archery equipment company’s and suppliers from right here on Archery Talk. These individuals are Inventers, True Artists, and Craftsmen of their chosen trade.

In a relatively short time period Rob Maitland’s dream has become a reality. From his mind to the finished masterpiece you see in these photo’s. This polished, anodized, target finish…“Maitland Zeus” is truly archery’s definition of “Functional Elegance”.

I truly love the “lightning” pattern on these limbs. This fantastic dipping job was done by Mike at “Oregon Hydrographics“. Isn’t it beautiful?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The new “Hammer” T head stabilizer from Joe at “Paradigm Archery” not only dresses up this bow like a silk suit. But also offers the ultimate in control, balance and infinite adjustability in a short 3D legal package. “Sweet”!

Rogers custom “sculpted” M3 “Damascus“ side plates from “Design A Grip” are the perfect “Elegant” accent to the polished black riser. Extremely classy and beautiful. I will add that Roger did not have a bow on hand to fit these plates to. And managed to craft these from just a crude template I sent him. Great Job Roger!

The “DS Advantage” target sight is a precision instrument of accuracy. Designed and manufactured to exacting tolerances of fit and finish. Built one at a time, entirely by master machinist Detlef Stakelbeck himself.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And lastly but certainly not least. To add the final “bling” touch to this “Awesome” rig I enlisted the crafting talents of XForce Girl Marcy at “Bling Sling”. Quality materials, tightly woven, functional, color matched artistic perfection. “Beautiful”!

In addition …this Zeus is equipped with Strings And Cables from “ProLine Bowstrings“. And I keep them in great shape with “String Snot” from Robert at “Wabanaki Wilderness“. I also used my “Hamskea Easy Third Axis Level” from Matt at “Top Pin Archery“, to set up the Advantage sight.

What a “Polished Gem” my “Custom Combo” Zeus is!
A special “Thanks” to all of the merchants and craftsmen here on AT, that keep all of us archery “nuts” equipped. And A very special thanks to you Rob Maitland!

This bow is “Your Dream” come true…and my true “Dream Bow“!

…And please excuse the amount of photo’s in this thread. It was difficult to choose the best, through the pile of pics I actually took. But after waiting a whole year to show this bow off…. I have to do it up right!

…..So how about a couple more of this Beauty?

·
Let the Arrow Fly
5,486 Posts
Looks GREAT!!!!!!!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Thanks" Man!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Sweet looking bow. I really like my Zeus VTR the new speedy version this year. Rob has outdone himself and can't wait to see what he has instore for us next year.

·
Hunter/Gatherer
13,332 Posts
Easily one of the top five most beautiful rigs ive seen on AT. Another was HCHs Axe6. That bow was sick....

Congratulations on a fine bow!!!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
This is a sweet looking bow! What is the price on that thing?

·
Archery Addict
3,693 Posts
Gorgeous bow, you will have to bring it into the shop sometime....

·
Banned
3,872 Posts
Thats over the top nice.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sweet looking bow. I really like my Zeus VTR the new speedy version this year. Rob has outdone himself and can't wait to see what he has instore for us next year.
Thanks bushmaster! Yes that 31" he has on deck sounds interesting for sure!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Easily one of the top five most beautiful rigs ive seen on AT. Another was HCHs Axe6. That bow was sick....

Congratulations on a fine bow!!!
Thank You!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is a sweet looking bow! What is the price on that thing?
Thanks!

Back when I bought the bow the US/Can exchange rate was fairly high. And with shipping costs and Canadian taxes etc.
plus the fact that I send international money orders for most of my purchases (which is also pricey)
...I probably have a bit over $2000 invested in this rig.

The bare bow was around $950 U.S. in target color option
If you are interested in the current price of the Zeus, then I would contact Rob Maitland.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gorgeous bow, you will have to bring it into the shop sometime....
Thanks!
Don't travel across the border much myself.....but if I ever do, I'll bring it along for the ride!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
It's just plain wrong, no mans rig should look that good ! :wink: :thumbs_up

1 - 20 of 50 Posts