Archery Talk Forum banner

My 125 yard group

3650 Views 53 Replies 42 Participants Last post by  jason835
Really enjoy shooting these long distances. Magnifies every little mistake. Keep in mind this is the best I shot, so most of my groups did not look like this but why would I post those lol.
Yellow Plant Grass Art Chair

Automotive tire Grass Font Circle Automotive wheel system
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· Registered
Elite Basin
291 Posts
Could you elaborate a bit on what kind of a setup you are using?! What kind of a lense, clarifier, sight, bow,...

· Registered
4,486 Posts
Could you elaborate a bit on what kind of a setup you are using?! What kind of a lense, clarifier, sight, bow,...
I don't know about the OP, but I shoot out to 120 with my Elite E32, MBG Ascent sight, and a peep...120 is shot with the sight as low as it will go and holding the bubble just a touch below my aim point...I could probably shoot 125 at the sight but 120 is literally as far as I can shoot at that range.

Doesn't take much...just some time walking yourself back. I was shooting every 2.5y after 110 to make sure I knew where to hold. It's dropping quick at that range.

· Registered
Elite Basin
291 Posts
I don't know about the OP, but I shoot out to 120 with my Elite E32, MBG Ascent sight, and a peep...120 is shot with the sight as low as it will go and holding the bubble just a touch below my aim point...I could probably shoot 125 at the sight but 120 is literally as far as I can shoot at that range.

Doesn't take much...just some time walking yourself back. I was shooting every 2.5y after 110 to make sure I knew where to hold. It's dropping quick at that range.
I have this HHA optimizer sight and the wheel goes max to 85 yards. At the moment though I am trying to make a good group at 50 yards.

Reactions: AzLongboard

· Registered
718 Posts
Looks better than my 20 yard groups as of late.

Nice shootin.

BT

Reactions: lunghit

· Registered
718 Posts
I just noticed you're using the CBE trek pro. Are you using the bottom pin as the slider? What's your arrow weight and speed? Which sight tape do you use?

I've got the trek but not the pro. Want to upgrade to the pro for the micro adjust pins and ability to use a lens. Either that or a landslyde.

BT

Reactions: AzLongboard
1 - 20 of 54 Posts