·
Registered
11,666 Posts
Great buck .congrats !!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This buck was special because I had him on camera in October along with another shooter.
While hunting on December 8th 2010 one evening I was sitting in my stand on a fire break over looking a ridge.
I saw 4 does coming through some hardwoods from behind me and I knew a shooter would be behind them but it was a 4 pointer.
Then just before dark I saw movement at the edge of the wood line and this buck started working his way slowly towards me.
When he got within 5 yards of me he looked up at me but it was to dark to make me out then he continued past me.
When he walked up under a magnolia tree I stood up and drew back my New Mathews Z7 and anchored and waited and it seemed for ever but when he came out it was a 18 yard shot for me.
I settled the pin behind his shoulder and squeezed off. The shot was high but effective. It spined him because I couldn't see through the peep to good but he went know were.
Since then I started using a kisser so when at a low light shot I don't matter because I don't need the peep as long as I have the kisser in the corner of my mouth, I know it will me money in the bank.
Awesome Hunt
Ice Man

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
This buck was special because I had him on camera in October along with another shooter.
While hunting on December 8th 2010 one evening I was sitting in my stand on a fire break over looking a ridge.
I saw 4 does coming through some hardwoods from behind me and I knew a shooter would be behind them but it was a 4 pointer.
Then just before dark I saw movement at the edge of the wood line and this buck started working his way slowly towards me.
When he got within 5 yards of me he looked up at me but it was to dark to make me out then he continued past me.
When he walked up under a magnolia tree I stood up and drew back my New Mathews Z7 and anchored and waited and it seemed for ever but when he came out it was a 18 yard shot for me.
I settled the pin behind his shoulder and squeezed off. The shot was high but effective. It spined him because I couldn't see through the peep to good but he went know were.
Since then I started using a kisser so when at a low light shot I don't matter because I don't need the peep as long as I have the kisser in the corner of my mouth, I know it will me money in the bank.
Awesome Hunt
Ice Man
Nice buck.
See there, now you're telling a story with a real picture. Do more of this and people might take it easy on ya.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Nice buck.
See there, now you're telling a story with a real picture. Do more of this and people might take it easy on ya.
The real picture is that he shot this deer kinda late.....if I can't see thru my peep, it's surely past shooting time....

But, maybe my eyes aren't as keen as the ice man's......just a thought.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeesh, give the guy a brake will yah. I have trouble seeing through a peep even when its broad daylight. A kisser works much better for me.
You know I'm not much for the "celebrihunters" either, but it seems to me Ice Man hasn't done anything to deserve the disrespect he has been getting.
If you don't have any thing nice to say then don't say anything at all.
Ice Man, congrates on a fine bow kill!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Yeesh, give the guy a brake will yah. I have trouble seeing through a peep even when its broad daylight. A kisser works much better for me.
You know I'm not much for the "celebrihunters" either, but it seems to me Ice Man hasn't done anything to deserve the disrespect he has been getting.
If you don't have any thing nice to say then don't say anything at all.
Ice Man, congrates on a fine bow kill!
Agree with this entirely. Hate hunting reality stars but guy didn't do anything wrong and I think there's a lot of jealousy involved throughout this and other threads.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks No Bears & marc groleau. for the compliment.
I'm not a celebrity and never try to be, I just love to teach others how to constantly Harvest Mature bucks.
People just tend to follow me.
I will post a Story on all of my bucks.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I'm not a celebrity and never try to be, I just love to teach others how to constantly Harvest Mature bucks.
This has to be fake. Someone made a new name and just needs to come clean........

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Holy cow!! I for one can't wait!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts