Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Last year for his birthday I got him his Mathews Genesis bow, which he shoots almost daily, still. Today I got him this Horton crossbow, and it didn't take him long to start bustin bullseyes. This thing has a red dot scope on it and Tyler really likes it. He told everyone that it is the coolest present ever. Opening morning, which is October 1st, will find us side by side in a ground blind, sitting over some hot sign that we will have scouted together, hoping for a deer or a hog to give him his shot.
Last season he killed his first deer, with a savage youth model 223 and after that his goal was to kill one with a bow, like Dad.

I never thought I would ever shell out money for a crossbow, but tonight I am glad I did and I am looking forward to many great days with Tyler and his twin bro and sis. In a few years he will graduate to a Hoyt compound...until then, come on October.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
gratz

congratz to your son on his first buck lat year and good luck this year.. i hope you guys get your bucks

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, last years deer was an acorn fat doe that Tyler made a great quartering away shot on. If you look at my avatar you can see how he spent his time before he started kindergarten a couple of years ago. Man, it seems like yesterday.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
The kids. That's what it's all about.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Looks like you have a lifelong hunter on your hands there...Good job...!

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
that is great and outstanding that you take your son with you and have him so interested.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts