Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's been 18 months since I went on my bowhunting safari with Infinito Safaris. I booked it through my local archery shop owner, his username on AT is buellhunter. It was the trip of a lifetime and the taxidermy was just delivered today!! The taxidermist is Safari Room Taxidermy in Wisconsin. Here are a few pics.

Also, if you have a facebook and are interested, I have a page you can like. The link is https://www.facebook.com/hntngrl. I just started the page, so I don't have a lot of followers yet.

Hope you like the pics!! The zebra rug will be hung on the wall, but we need to get some molly's first. The 3/8" sheetrock is making life a little harder but we are making it work. The waterbuck is missing from the photos because my husband has to work out how to hang it since the stud is not in the right place. Pics of those coming later. Also, we tanned backskins from the nyala, wildebeest, and kudu.

Here is our favorite mount, a termite mound holding the nyala, impala, and blue wildebeest. This mount is just incredible..the taxi came up with the idea and we are so impressed with it. We are currently living in a trailer so space is at a premium.

Habitat detail on the termite mound

Nyala shots

Nyala backskin

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
I'm jealous, great looking mounts must have been a great trip!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Awesome!!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eland shots - This animal is so utterly massive, it's hard to get a sense of that from the pics. The mount is 4 feet tall and the horns are 31"

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Those look really nice!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very cool. I love the pedestal. Nyala are one of my favorites
Yes, Nyala are very beautiful! We would have loved to do a full body mount on him but living in a trailer....haha. Someday we will have one.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The mounts rock, congrats and thumbs up on the placement of them. They all look great.
Thank you. We had to place them where we had studs, in a trailer home sometimes the studs are placed very irregularly! Luckily we are only having problems with the waterbuck. As I sit in my chair in the living room, the pedestal is directly to my left, eland directly in front of me, kudu to the left above the TV. With a whitetail on either side of the eland!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts