Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this idea from a buddy of mine and find it to be just the ticket for me. Thought someone else may like to try it. I served the blaze orange string into a ball and slid it up or down until I had it where I wanted it and then superglued it to the string. Have been using it for 3 years now and have yet to find a negative about it. Also , the ball doesn't have to be very big. I hold my pin just to the left of the ball.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Can you shoot 70 yards without having to move the windage on the lower pins?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can shoot accurately out to 70 yards but I use a single pin pendulum on a HHA optimizer . I am set for treestand out to 40 yrds and out to 70 from the ground. You mentioned windage, are you asking what I do to guage the wind?

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
been doing it for years mines yellow well kinda dirty yellow now, it used to be bright yellow.

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
I like my peep, but I can see that working just fine! Might take a bit of adjustment, but it would be tough to beat in low light!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kelsnore wrote :
I like my peep, but I can see that working just fine! Might take a bit of adjustment, but it would be tough to beat in low light!!!

Bingo ! , That's why I ended the peep. It was a real problem in a blind that is all blackened out.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
got the gears grinding

:wink:

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
I think I will try this with my dad's bow this weekend. He is having real problems with the peep. are you guys shooting with both eyes open or oine closed.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Going to try this...

with some fluorescent orange fly line backing I have. It is Dacron, after all. I likel the idea of supergluing it in place once the right spot has been found. Thanks for sharing this tip, Robin of Locksey!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your welocome. Sometimes the simplest things can make big differences. Nice thing about it is that if it doesn't work for you , cut it off and it costs you nothing. I set a friends bow up with one of these and I was going to put a kisser on it as well but found that it was unnessesary because I was driving tacks without it. That was an eye opener for me because I like the kisser but in colder weather , when I have a face mask on , I can't feel the kisser anyways.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I had a kisser and cut it off, because it didn't really do much for my shooting. Then again, my form has improved some since then!!! Can't wait to get home! Only 4 more hours....

·
Registered
236 Posts
did this last year after missing my biggest buck to date, due to darkness...........as things go, made the switch and shot him three days later well after my normal shooting time with the old peep. KEEP IT SIMPLE.

·
Registered
13,494 Posts
this is old ,real old like a few hund..years...saw a old english bow set that way.used it mycelf till up in the 80"s...it works...............:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
preyquester said:
this is old ,real old like a few hund..years...saw a old english bow set that way.used it mycelf till up in the 80"s...it works...............:darkbeer:
Pretty appropriate that the tip comes from Robin of Locksley hisself!

·
NC ASA Director
35,983 Posts
Sure would be easier than putting a peep in.

But I am very fond of my large ID peep and round pin guard. Is it hard to see the dot in low light?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No

Because of the contrast of the orange and the black string. It shows up quite well. Maybe I will take a pic of it tonight to show the contrast.

·
NC ASA Director
35,983 Posts
To me, orange is almost black.

I wonder how white would work. :embara:

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
teambringit1 said:
I think I will try this with my dad's bow this weekend. He is having real problems with the peep. are you guys shooting with both eyes open or oine closed.
I shoot left eye closed, I preceive my yellow knot as a blob which I have positioned on the bottom of my sight I have a mark there. I know I am at anchor when the kisser is in the cornor of my mouth and the blob is covering that mark at the bottom of the site. then I just put the pin on target. works great for me especially in low light. good luck.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts