Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to HomeDepot today found some 1/4" tubing and a narrow steel rod that fit perfectly in the tube. This should add weight to my arrow.

Sliced the tubing right down the middle and trimmed off a little bit more so that it would fit inside my Beeman ICS 400's. Cut 6 pieces of tubing 26" long. Cut the steel rods down to 26" also. Shoved it inside the Beeman loaded it on my bow shot into the McKenzie compressed target @ 10 ft. Blased right through the center of it and ended up in the wall of my apartment. Going over to a friends house this afternoon to weigh this arrow with his grain scale, put it on the chrono. I am guessing I may be getting about 200 FPS but if its 1200 gr arrow it will be like launching a missle through a rabbit.

The only problem I have is the FOC is almost dead center with a 125 gr. tip. Anyone ever use small lock washers to add more front end weight. I have on backorder G5 Shkote's 170 gr. Mr. Hog does not have a chance.

·
Bow Huntin' pure-n-simple
4,922 Posts
The hole in your apt,well that was caused by you going to home depot,now go to LOWES and get what you need to fix your wall, lol and keep on shootin that heavy arrow,but am curious what you're going after with that arrow ??

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
harleyryder said:
but am curious what you're going after with that arrow ??
Bigfoot??!! lol :wink:

·
Registered
287 Posts
nuttin like a good laugh on a Sataday...lmaof :cocktail:

(edit) Now I am picturing a cartoon with the arrow frozen in midair and the bow/shooter flying backwards through a wall..still lmaof :beer:

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to field test these 2 arrows tomorrow out to 30 yds. What am I going after? Not really sure just got bored and played with arrows. I also found they have insulation in a can. Yep you guessed it. I filled an arrow with one to see what kind of weight and flight this sucker will produce.

If they can't fly beyond 20 yds they are worth a thing. But I was amazed at how it peformed at 10 feet. If I they do fly well I will be hunting everyting on my small lease with them. None of my shots on that lease is beyond 25 yds. As for west texas - I'll stick to my Bowtech that flings a 340 gr. arrow at 284 fps. I need the extra speed and distance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts