Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was fortunate enough to pull a draw permit for Alaska spring muskox for Nunivak Island (DX003) for Spring 2019. This hunt is one that was always on my bucket list and I was able to take my father Mitch along with me for the adventure. This self-guided adventure is far from economical. By the time you buy your non-resident hunt license & tag ($2,360), flights, required transporter service ($4000), and everything else, it requires a full commitment and becomes a once-in-a-lifetime trip.

I am happy to answer and help any successful permit holder for muskox in Alaska!

My bull officially made the B&C all-time record book as well as P&Y with a net score of 109 6/8".

Hope you enjoy our self-filmed video of my hunt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTlUas_mp7g

Attachments

·
Corripe Cervisiam
20,875 Posts
Congrats.

Temps and wind conditions? ( i know its always blowing)

It doesnt appear you are wearing the extreme arctic gear so Im assuming temps in the plus range?

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Great adventure! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
379 Posts
They seem relatively easy animals to hunt once you get yourself up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
. That's what I thought until I watched a video of someone trying to get one with a gun. I think it was Riella on Meateater. Anyway, it was anything but a slam dunk. To get one with a bow is a huge achievement. Congratulations!

·
Registered
7,864 Posts
What a great trophy!! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Congratulations! Great muskox and nice video! DIY is cool as heck, and so was going with the Inuits on Victoria Island, NWT! Musk ox are certainly Ice Age relics.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts