Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got him on public land in Illinois the day before gun season. I was sitting on a small folding stool in some brush downwind of a trail that had very fresh looking spoor in it. He was as close as 10 feet from me going by. I got a quartering away shot.

Thats a 1990 XI Legend Magnum, with 4" of overdraw. I was shooting XX75 2213s, badly underspined, tipped w' 4 blade Muzzys. A kisser button and a Mepro pin. A Cobra caliper release.

Attachments

·
74,535 Posts
Nice Deer Don

Way to go buddy. Good luck this year.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Now strapping that bad boy onto the Eagle sedan just made your vehicle the ultimate Hunting Vehicle! Way to go man. Good eating.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gross was in the high 130s but he had a ton of deducts. 5 of his 10 points are on the brow tines.

He weighed 200 dressed, 2 days later.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No. No relatives on the Schultz side.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I don't care how they score the things, that a nice deer! I like the old way of scoring... "Hey Vern, he's big enough to bend yur lodgepole... snap!". That's the way it ought to be.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Good job and keep posting those pictures. Good luck in the upcoming season.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Nice brows on that buck! I always get excited when I see nice brows. They look like they are pretty thick to. Good thing you got him or else one of the "gun guys" would have...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts