Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My target bow tripod

Well it's been a while since I started a thread so figured I would share this little gem with ya. I never liked the idea of sticking one of those fordable bow stands onto the bottom limb of my bow. I'm generally a scatter brain so I'm pretty sure I would forget to take it off at some point. So necessity being the mother of invention I created my own stand that does not affect the workings of the bow which means I can leave it on and not have to worry about it. The draw back is that it only works on the Martin/Rytera bows that use the limb bolt nut that has a slot in it.

It is made of 1/2" aluminum. it is attached to the bow with a 1/4"-20 bolt. it is kept from rotating by the small slot in the limb bolt insert. The legs are so old carbon arrows I had and the feet are slip on rubber blunts.

after I shoot I simply set the bow down and wait for the whistle. anything more complicated than that an I would surely screw it up.

Attachments

·
Ogredude43
1,869 Posts
Look at your quiver mounts. they might be similar enough to allow a similar type bracket

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Looks good need an armadillo cam protector for that bottom cam though. Check them out made by Hedog pretty sweet for protecting bottom cam. Installe mine tonight.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good need an armadillo cam protector for that bottom cam though. Check them out made by Hedog pretty sweet for protecting bottom cam. Installed mine tonight.
Since the bottom cam does not touch the ground it sits about 2" from the ground I think this would circumvent the need for a cam protector. The stabilizer and the stand are the only thing making contact with the ground.

for those interested in what Thansen is suggesting look here
http://hedogarchery.com/product/hedog-archery-ground-gripper-hagg

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I like it! thanks for sharing.. I too have shot my bow with the clip on bow stand, did not work out to well.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
for those who may have missed it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts