Votes: 47 32.4%
  • what arrow?

Votes: 12 8.3%
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's been so much talk about different tuning methods lately that I thought a little challenge was in order. 1st let me say (DO NOT TRY THIS UNLESS YOU ARE IN A SAFE AREA!!!) Ok here goes. If your bow is tuned right and everything is cool, your arrow will not be needing fletchings. So everyone strip the vanes off one arrow(use the one that's already missing a fletching) or fob. and shoot one shot at 30 yards with a bare shaft. then get back on here and put your results on the poll. Don't lie, because it isn't gonna make ya a hero. Just be honest about the results. lets see how this goes. I'm gonna add the poll in a minute.

·
Shooter of flesh
7,661 Posts
I'm in.

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok. lets add this. If you are a bare shaft tuner. Don't put your results on this poll. I bareshaft tune. So I won't add mine because It's already a known that ours will hit. So, to keep the poll accurate lets stay out of it please.

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok. lets add this. If you are a bare shaft tuner. Don't put your results on this poll. I bareshaft tune. So I won't add mine because It's already a known that ours will hit. So, to keep the poll accurate lets stay out of it please. And please don't fill out the poll with what you think will happen. You need to actually do it first, please.

·
Registered
24,903 Posts
ill do it. shipping my bow out for a tune soon and ill try when it gets back. i know its out now

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ill do it. shipping my bow out for a tune soon and ill try when it gets back. i know its out now
uh oh! don't blame me if things ain't right afterwords!:wink: I hope people will actually do this and not just pile on the poll with everything is perfect!

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Yeah.....now I gotta find my arrow!!! Shot it this evening under the lights.......Gonna go out in the morning and see where it might be.....lol. Missed a 2x2 target......oops

·
Registered
482 Posts
Ok. lets add this. If you are a bare shaft tuner. Don't put your results on this poll. I bareshaft tune. So I won't add mine because It's already a known that ours will hit. So, to keep the poll accurate lets stay out of it please. And please don't fill out the poll with what you think will happen. You need to actually do it first, please.
Darn guess im outta this game...but just to keep the results on the up and up,why not ask for photo proof??say aim at bullseye on paper target or something like that..

·
Registered
358 Posts
I just got back from the indoor range and turned on the computer and read this. I'm not driving back tonight but tomorrow night I might try this. I've never bare-shafted an arrow before, much less 30 yards away. My bow is tuned and I was shooting tight groups at 30 yards tonight. Most were hitting a 2 inch circle tonight at that distance. we will see what happens....

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just got back from the indoor range and turned on the computer and read this. I'm not driving back tonight but tomorrow night I might try this. I've never bare-shafted an arrow before, much less 30 yards away. My bow is tuned and I was shooting tight groups at 30 yards tonight. Most were hitting a 2 inch circle tonight at that distance. we will see what happens....
um maybe not at an indoor range!

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I tune through paper and get a bullet hole. When i shoot it out to 40 yards its in the bullseye with my fletched arrow.
When I do the walk back method I still end up with a bullet hole and my bare shaft is still in the bullseye with my fletched arrow.

O my broadheads will hit with my field points out to 80 yards. That's as far as I can shoot them gaping pins.

So what does this say?

It says I add weight to the tip until I get the perfect spine for the poundage i'm shooting. It says I tune my nocks so all my arrows are flexing the same way when they are shot out of my bow. It means I don't have cam lean, and my bow is in perfect tune.

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah.....now I gotta find my arrow!!! Shot it this evening under the lights.......Gonna go out in the morning and see where it might be.....lol. Missed a 2x2 target......oops
Thanks for the honesty. we should see alot of this. I'll try to get a link up to Nuts&Bolts bare shaft tuning thread. You will be amazed what your bow is really capable of.

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I tune through paper and get a bullet hole. When i shoot it out to 40 yards its in the bullseye with my fletched arrow.
When I do the walk back method I still end up with a bullet hole and my bare shaft is still in the bullseye with my fletched arrow.

O my broadheads will hit with my field points out to 80 yards. That's as far as I can shoot them gaping pins.

So what does this say?
It says you might hit the block. Which is more than many will be doing. Give it a whirl!

·
Registered
11,380 Posts
30 yards my bareshaft hits with my fletched arrows. At 40 my bareshaft hits around 8" high. Im sure its me and not the bow. My broadheads hit with my fp's as far as I can accurately shoot.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts